Hearing Getting Worse — Suffering from Clicking Noise in My Ears

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Genesis62, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Genesis62

Genesis62 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I've been suffering from the dreaded clicking in my ears for over a year, it's now constant in one ear.

I'm waiting for a brain scan. I have headaches too.

Anyone who has or has had the same symptoms, please feel free to reply as I'm bricking it.

I forgot to add... I'm new here and my name is Phil, I'm hard of hearing and my hearing sadly is getting worse.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Clicking, cracking, Morse code beeping etc may be caused by various reasons, one such is TTTS. You can search the forum with these terms and there should be many prior discussions. Hope you will improve. Have you seen ENT yet ? Try mask it when it bothers you. Take care. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      HI @Genesis62.

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with the advice Billie48 has given you. Many things can cause the symptoms you describe but first you need to be seen by an ENT doctor. This is their area of expertise because the ear is a very delicate organ. If your symptoms are tinnitus, particularly noise induced: Prior to the onset of your symptoms were you a regular user of headphones, earbuds or headset? If yes do you still use any of these devices?

Michael

• Like Like x 1