Hearing Safe Headphones

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Artemis2K, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Artemis2K
      Kick ass

Artemis2K Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. Got bad later.
      Hey there,

Has anyone ever noticed that, at least on Amazon, there doesn't seem to be anyone selling "gamer" headphones that are dedicated to being safe for hearing that are designed for adults/teens? Does anyone else think that's weird?

I've been kind of interested in making that kind of thing myself in the future, since I couldn't find anything like that. Shouldn't this kind of thing exist? I find it a bit appalling. When I looked it up a while ago, all I saw were ones meant for kids.

That needs to change. Most of my problems came from headphones and them being higher than they should without realizing it when I was a teenager. I know very well that other teenagers are doing the same thing I was, potentially destroying their lives, and I'd like for there to be options of good headphones that don't risk noise induced damage. It's probably impossible to make it so hearing damage risking headphones/earpieces were illegal, so having more headphones that were safe in the market would be the next best thing, and I really wish there were. That's why I am interested in seeing if it was possible to make some myself.

Does anyone know of any brands that does this? I couldn't find any. Everything's "noise cancelling", but I can't find anything for adults/teens that DOESN'T go beyond 85 dB. (Honestly, I'd prefer 80 dB.) I'm very disappointed in that, and I think that needs to change.

2. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      You can patch in a brick wall limiter into the inline portion of the headsets. I’ve looked into this for my son... also you could wear earbuds that shooters use that clamp at 85 dB.