Hello All. Just Found Out Mine is Going to be Chronic.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Alxtan, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Alxtan
      Approved

Alxtan Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2013
      Hello All,

My name is Alex several hours ago I was told by my ENT that my Tinnitus is most likely going to be permanent. It's been on my 4th week and the ringing has not subsided.

My Tinnitus was bought on by acoustic trauma. For some reason the trauma also gave me ETD or I've had an underlying condition which was aggravated by the noise. I lost 9000hz of hearing according to my audiologist. I took Prednisone within the first two weeks of the incident. It helped my Eustachian tubes to open up but didn't do anything for the Tinnitus. In fact since my Eustachian tubes are open the ringing has gotten a bit worse.

Despite being told that my T is going to be here permanently. I am holding up hope that there is a chance for it to go away or subside to unnoticeable levels.

Does anyone here know of or ever had there noise trauma T go away?

It would be quite encouraging to hear some stories.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from anyone. I would really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Alex hello mate. Ive had tinnitus for 27 years and when I get to the next life The first q I will ask is "WTF did I ever do to deserve that!!!!!" Alxtan dont know where you live (in the UK they are free) but what has saved me is Hearing aids .I never realised my hearing was damaged as I can hear ok but i have High Freq hearing loss,when i put the aids in the T goes by 80%.I wear them to sleep in ,its the only way I can get some relief at night.Yours may go I hope it does,Pete

3. Dhaval
      Buzzed

Dhaval Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 months
      HI Pete

This Izmir dhaval from India...my t s been goin strong for 4 months now....mine is a mix of frequencies both separate in both ears....the 1 that bothers me most is a high frequency eeee in both ears....j just wanted to know what sort audio test did u perform that is like ws ur hearing loss at frequencies greater then 10 k .....I n trying to figure out what the heck is going on in my ears.....p.s. ent s hav been of no help

Thx
      Dhaval

4. Piper
      Loved

Piper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2013
      Hi Alex I have been told mine is perminent too,and similar noises have the same effect on me, especially screaming kids. Mine they say is through playing in band, although my mum had T too and some say its genetic. I am none the wiser since it started 6 months ago. wish you luck with it and hope they come up with a cure soon. Avril

• Like Like x 1
    5. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I had a low t for 17 years then an virus infection 1 year ago that went to the ears, after that it has got louder and louder i mask it al the time. i am 61 and played Electric guitar in 68. It is very difficult for me to confront this
      Right now we are in sommerhouse with my lovely wife and smal boys.I am waiting for the cure,

6. Bacus

Bacus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Hi, Izmir
      Sorry to hear about the distress your t is causing u.
      I am experimenting with hearing aids and its too soon to tell. According to the audiologist it helps approx. 60 percent of her patients ( reducing the T )

You being from India , have you considered seeing an Ayurveda doctor.

There is no known cure for tinnitus, but the chances are Ayurvedic medication MIGHT be able to tame your tinnitus.
      I read a bit about Ayurveda, but unfortunately thre are no practioners around here.

I have had tinntus for approx. 5 months and somedays are better than others. The eeee srcrrching head sound is annoying.

I wish u well and hoping that u will find some relief.

Keep us posted if u decide to try the Ayurvedic route.

Bacus

7. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      hi piber I came about a month before you to this forum,and i followed your dramatic story.How is your t and the tumor
      how do you cope with your new situation.Is your t stabil. jes

8. Mahdi
      No Mood

Mahdi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Considering life being too short, to me, Tinnitus has appeared to be too extremely complicated to be cured. I hate to say that I have to live with it.
      I hope yours is not badly severe....

9. Piper
      Loved

Piper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2013
      Hi Jess, just had second MRI so awaiting results, some days I hardly notice it and other days it drives me insane. How are you. Avril

• Like Like x 1