Hello All, Ramnaz Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ramnaz, Aug 21, 2013.

1. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane

Hey @ramnaz, sorry was offline for a few days but see you have been talking to some of my favorite people here, @Cher69 and @Karen. Hi guys!

So as the folks here explained, Xanax (alprazolam) is an anti anxiety drug (benzodiazepine, like Ativan) and not designed to be used long term. It also isn't meant to be a sleep aid. I think my doc just structured it that way because I was having anxiety attacks at night in the beginning. I have been taking it a little more than a month, low doses, but am ready to start trying something else for sleep. Others here have mentioned melatonin. There also are some natural pills, or Sleepytime Extra tea, that you can buy in the drugstore that combine melatonin, tripothan (I think that's how you spell it) and valerian root. It can make you pretty groggy. My trouble always as been staying asleep, not falling asleep. Had this issue long before I had tinnitus.

You can try prescription meds if you just cant get anything else to work. But stay away from Ambien. For starters, it only keeps you asleep for about four hours and then you re up in the middle of the night. Also, it made me very disoriented if I took it more than a couple days in a row. In fact, try not to take any sleep med every night. Alternate it with natural stuff.

I also found it helps not to eat late and not to watch TV for at least two hours before bedtime.
      Good luck and sweet dreams.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      LadyDi
      Thank you for the note & I have been checking around about all you talked about & I am one that does not like pills of any kind so I will be looking for other ways to get some sleep even if I stick with my 3 shots of whisky just before I hit the bed which so far has worked pretty well so fay & I am not a whisky person but I will do that before I get hooked on any pills..
      But thank you for the Info & you have a good evening as well.
      Thanks Again.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      sherri786
      Hello just a note to say I just received the An Shen Bu Xin Wan today & will start to try it as you said 4 at bedtime so thanks again for telling me about it I also got some Magnesium & states only one pill a day so I might throw one of those in the pot as well .. So thanks again & I will see how this works.
      Have a good evening & good sleeping..

• Like Like x 1
    4. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Keep us posted on how you get on - I won't try these things until I'm off the ADs as I would be a little worried unless someone on here has experience of ADs and taking alternative natural suplements together? I'm keen to research and keep a note of how people get along with these natural sleep aids so I can try them. Cher x

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cher69
      what are ADs

6. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      Anti Depressants - I take 20mg Citalopram a day since my onset of T sent me into anxiety turmoil - Cher x

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Oh Ok I got it.. Thanks

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      To all on this tinnitus talk I hope all is going well with each & every one of you . I just had 2 day's of piece with my tinnitus & I don't know if it is from the things I have been taking or from the Sound Cure I am using but today the big T is back at work & loud so I will just keep up with what I have been doing & see what happens . Hope you all have a good day & weekend.

9. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Ramnaz,

It's very encouraging that you had two days of peace and quiet! Sorry your tinnitus is back again, but maybe you'll have some quiet again soon. How long have you been using the Sound Cure?

Also, I wanted to let you know I've just started taking the Chinese sleeping tablets, too (An Shen Bu Xin Wan), and they seem to help. One of the properties of those tablets is that they are supposed to help tinnitus. Maybe it's a combination of that, along with the Sound Cure, that is helping you.

Thanks for the update!

• Like Like x 1
    10. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Sorry Ramnaz I hadn't seen your post before. Good to hear you got the Chinese herbal pills , did it help you ? I hope it did. Sorry to hear that your T is loud again. Maybe you ate something wrong like caffeine or sugar , etc ? Hope you feel better again soon, take care and keep us updated.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Karen & Sherri786
      Thanks for your reply . I have been taking 4 Chinese pills in the morning & 4 at bed time I also take 1 magnesium pill at bed time. I don't drink anything with caffeine in it & use no salt at all & I take 1 Multi Vitamin at bed time & still have 3 shots of whiskey at bed time as it really helps me go to sleep. As to the Sound Cure I have been using it starting on 7/29/2013 so just at one month now & was told that it could take 6 months to see anything.. But 2 days with little to no T was sure nice. I did order 2 more bottles of the Chinese pills as they have 240 pills in each & on E-Bay I found them for $5.50 with free shipping so I wanted to stock up on a few. As to the Sound Cure it cost a lot & I have Read some good on it & some not so good on it . But in talking to the people a the ATA I was told that it is the only thing on the market that they would stand behind that has shown to work so that is why I went with it & will keep you up to date on it as times goes on.
      Too the both of you thanks again & do have a great day & weekend

12. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hi Ramnaz, maybe take the multi vitamin in the morning ? Because the vitamins ' energizes ' you ,it might disturb the sleep, for me that's how it is. One thing I'm slowly realizing is that all supplements spike my T, except magnesium, I'm not sure what's going on.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Sherri786... Good point & I will be doing that from now on.. Today the T is giving me a hard go of it & I hope it lets up like it did for the 2 days I had but I was told that the Sound Cure would cause it to flair up so as all of us do is just move on & hope for a good day to come. Thanks for the note & I hope you have a nice weekend.

14. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ramnaz,

I wish you a quiet weekend! The An Shen Bu Xin Wan pills seem to be working well for me, and I'm taking them in about the same quantity as you. I also take magnesium at night.

I agree with Sherri that it might be better to take the multi-vitamin in the morning.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how you're doing!

Best wishes for peace and quiet,
      Karen

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thanks Karen & I will keep you posted As to the An Shen Bu Xin Wan I am not sure what I am getting from them but I will keep taking them . What do you feel you are getting from them? And I wish you Peace & Quite as well.
      Thanks Much
      Richard AKA ramnaz

16. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Richard/Ramnaz,

The An Shen Bu Xin Wan seem to be helping me with sleep, and I have also noticed that my tinnitus is a bit calmer. With herbal remedies, it's so subtle that you can't always be sure that it's working, but I have actually slept eight hours for the last 2 nights!

I'll keep you posted on it; we'll see how it helps, long-term.

• Like Like x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Karen
      Thanks for the note & 8 hrs sleep is just great hope it keeps that up for you.

18. patty

patty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Hi @Karen. Are you still taking the An Shen Bu Xin Wan? I am looking to add to my sleep arsenal. I take melatonin and magnesium and they work nicely. I also take ADs, so I am wondering if it could be taken with it or if you got any side effects with it. I am also very sensitive to meds so I must be careful.

• Creative Creative x 1
    19. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Pillow speaker and fan.

20. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, @patty,

Yes, I still take the An Shen Bu Xin Wan, but not as often as before. Most nights, I do pretty well just taking the magnesium tablets, and nothing else, about an hour before bedtime.

I'm glad the melatonin and magnesium are working for you. That's great! For me (I'm sensitive to medicine, too), there have been no problems with taking both the An Shen Bu Xin Wan and the magnesium. All three (including melatonin) might be a bit too much for you. I have had absolutely no side effects from the An Shen. So far, it's been a good herbal for me.

Please do let me know if you decide to try it. I'd like to hear how well it works for you! Also, as a bonus, it is supposed to help tinnitus, too.

Best of luck, and please keep me posted on how you're doing!

Karen

• Like Like x 1
    21. patty

patty Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013