Hello All, Ramnaz Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ramnaz, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Can you all share the ways you get some sleep with your tinnitus ringing off the chart as I have not found a good way & I have had my tinnitus for about 7 months now & just started the Sound Cure treatment 3 weeks ago and checking with the ATA & they have told me they have backed it 100% as the only system that has worked & that they have put a lot of money into it.
      Thanks Much
      ramnaz

• Like Like x 1
    2. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Sherri786 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      For me the Chinese herbal pills called " An Shen Bu Xin Wan" works well for a good nights sleep, 4 pills at bedtime, no side effects as its all natural or Twinning's Camomile tea ( night blend ).

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Sherri
      Thanks for the reply & where did you get this? I am in Arizona just to let you know.. Do you get it at a health food place.
      Please let me know.
      Thanks again
      Richard AKA ramnaz

• Like Like x 1
    4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Try using a white noise machine at night or some other sounds like an iPad app like Relax Melodies. Also make sure not to have caffeine too late in the evening. You can try things like a bath before bed or take a light walk to help tire you out. I found if I did several active things during the day, it would tire me out enough at night that I would sleep even with loud tinnitus. Also try chamomile tea, magnesium supplement or melatonin before bed. They can help calm and relax you.

If you cannot sleep due to anxiety reasons then see your GP and get something that can temporarily help you to control your anxiety and also sleep. If you have extreme anxiety, you will have trouble sleeping anyway. Getting it under control will make it easier to sleep.

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Again Sherri
      I just place an order for some & I want to thank you again.
      Richard AKA ramnaz

• Like Like x 1
    6. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Richard, my Chinese Naturopath/acupuncturist had given it to me when I was in Montreal. It's available online at Chinese herbal Medicine site, but I didnt buy online, once I ran out of it I started drinking camomile tea and yes magnesium
      Supplements at bedtime. I have an air purifier running in my room too, for sleeping. I live now at a small remote town in Canada
      Where I wouldn't find any Chinese herbal stuff !

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello erik
      Thank you & I will try what you have said . As for anxiety I have plenty of that & do need to work on that the Chinese herbal that sherri wrote me on states it for that so I should have that soon as it is coming from Calif & I am in Ariz.
      Thanks for the reply & have a great day.
      Richard AKA ramnaz

8. Sherri786
      Dreaming

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Oh good that you ordered it ! The box will say to take 8 pills 3 times a day, I didnt feel that was necessary unless the T was horribly bad and you needed to relax and sleep all day, just 4 at bedtime was enough for me. Hope it helps you too, keep us updated, thanks !

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thanks again Sherri .
      I just got your second message & Canada well that is cool so stay warm.
      Thanks Again
      Richard AKA ramnaz

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      OK Sherri 4 at bed time got it

11. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Ramnaz and Sherri,

I've just ordered some of the Chinese herbal, too (An Shen Bu Xin Wan). I wanted to try a different sleep aid for awhile, and this sounds good! I'll let you know how it works for me. Hope it works for you, too, Ramnaz!

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Karen I am willing to try anything to sleep besides whisky so I also hope it works for you as well.. Have a good evening ... Richard AKA ramnaz

13. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks! I'll be anxious to hear how it works for you. Anything for a good night's sleep!!

Take care, and have a good evening,
      Karen

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Thank you Karen & I will stay in touch as it nice to have someone to talk to.
      You also have a good evening & I hope you sleep well .. By the way I am 66 & live in Arizona.. Thanks for the note..

15. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're welcome! I'm 67, and live in Georgia. Have a good evening; we're glad you joined Tinnitus Talk!

16. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey Ramnaz, I sleep with small headphones on, tuned to an app that plays a wide variety of sounds. I keep the volume so that I can still hear the T but just barely. bedside sound machines don't work for me. I also have to take a Xanax at night, however, as I have anxiety attacks in my sleep.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Karen Thanks for the note & Georgia is a few steps from here.. Hope you have a good night

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      LadyDi I think I will try that tonight as I have a nice white sound on my Sound Cure. I know nothing about Xanax is that like a sleeping pill & do you have to get it from a Doctor or can you get it over the counter ? But I do know about anxiety as it creeps up on me & I hate it.. Thanks for the sleeping note as I will try it.. Hope we both sleep good..

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Karen Took 2 ZzzQuil & 3 shots of whiskey last night & my tinnitus went way down & I went to sleep for 4 1/2 hrs & that is more sleep than I have had in the last 4 days ... Hate to live like that but I need some sleep.. I am seeing a doctor at the V.A on Sep 11th so I hope to get some sleeping aid but tell then .. Well you know what I mean. Have a great day

20. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ramnaz,
      I'm glad you were able to get some sleep last night; 4 1/2 hours is better than none at all! It's good that you're going to a doctor in September; hopefully, he'll be able to prescribe something for you. Some of the people here on Tinnitus Talk have said that Remeron is a drug that works well for sleep. I haven't tried it myself. The only drugs I have tried are Xanax (too strong for me!) and Ambien (I don't like the way it makes me feel when I take it). So, I'm now taking natural supplements for sleep. They're not perfect, but they work most of the time.

I wish you well; have a good, and hopefully quiet, day!!

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Hello Karen
      Thanks for the note & Info as I will talk to the Doctor about each.. As I said my tinnitus went way down last night enough that I went to sleep easy but today it is back but I will put up with it tell tonight & then I will try my way again & see if it will work again . When you say Xanax was to strong what did you mean there? And Ambien you did no tlike the way it made you feel How was that. I ask as I know nothing about sleeping pills as Zzz Quil is the only thing I have ever taken & last night was the first time but I felt I needed some help so I picked some up. Thanks Again & you have a nice day as well
      Richard AKA ramnaz

22. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, Xanax is a benzodiazepine drug, and can be highly addictive. The one time I took it, I only took 1/4 of a pill, and I was kind of out of it for about 24 hours! (But then, I'm more sensitive to medicine than most people). For some people, it really does seem to work, but it's best to take it on a short-term basis, so that you do not become addicted.

Ambien is a good sleep aid, but again, I only took 1/2 a pill, and it knocked me out for about 4 hours. The quality of sleep, for me at least, was kind of strange. When I woke up, I felt as if I had been knocked out, not that I was waking up naturally. Other people may have a different opinion of this drug, however.

I never took sleep aids before, either, so this has been a new and sometimes frustrating experience for me. Right now, I'm taking a combination tablet that contains melatonin and valerian root, plus I take two magnesium chloride tablets an hour before bedtime. It works most of the time, but I still have a problem on some nights. I have pulsatile tinnitus and it is really difficult to fall asleep.

23. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      @Karen let us know how you find the Chinese herbs Sherri786 talks about - I looked them up on the web as I am tempted to order some natural sleep aids - and tonight Im reviewing what all you guys have mentioned on the forums - magnesium is also talked about a lot maybe we need a quick guide to top tips for learning to live and cope with T - sleep being the most troublesome.

@ramnaz I hope you soon find something to help you sleep soon - I must admit the lack of sleep is troublesome for many of us. Im having a tough time sleeping at the moment after getting a lot better at sleeping - something people take for granted 'going to sleep' until your denied it ! Experiment with masking noises that work for you - I like the sound of a 'fan' rather than white noise and the water effect noises make me think Ive got a leak in the house somewhere but other people find them very soothing I also change mine after a while. I am currently on Anti D's and they have helped greatly get the anxiety in check and aid sleep - but I do have a back up of sleeping pills from the doc if Im really struggling and I did go days with NO sleep at all - so maybe something like that can get you on the right road and restore the sleeping pattern.

Also I think taking time to relax is so important - we all run around with busy lives and we need to calm down and relax before heading off to bed - I like listening to some guided meditation to help me slow down the breathing and try and de-stress the mind from the days chaos and worries - plus it gets me 30 mins away from the family shouting for Mum !!!

Im now looking into ideas for natural remedies as my next plan and long term option so I too will pick up the ideas from these guys on your thread. Keep us posted what helps - and sleep well tonight - cher x

24. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Cher69,
      Yes, I'll let you know how the Chinese herbs work for me. I'm one of those people who is quite sensitive to medicine (a little bit goes a long way!), so I'm always looking for natural alternatives. I've been taking a combination supplement with melatonin in it for a long time now, and my chiro told me it was good to take a break from melatonin after awhile, as it can somehow change your hormonal balance. So, I'm looking for a natural sleep aid, without melatonin in it, that will really work.

It sounds like you've found some ways to cope, and I really like the idea of the guided meditation at night to calm down. With children around, plus your job, I know you're a very busy lady!!

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Karen.
      Thank you. And you know I feel so bad for all of us who have this tinnitus as no can hear it but us and that is the hard part for those around us as we suffer no one can hear why and this has been going on for years as tinnitus is not a new thing & I have spent over 80 hrs reading on the Internet on this T & there are so many things out there that are offered as a cure that are just B.S & people just want our money & that is why I belong to the American Tinnitus foundation as I trust them & before I spent $2000.00 on the Sound Cure system I checked with them & found they back it 100% & gave a huge grant to the doctor who came up with it & the Audiology I went to to be fitted with it is also an ATA member & has trained at the Sound Cure office with there Doctors in Calif on the use of it & I have read over & over that people have used it for 2 to 3 weeks & it did nothing for them & that is just not long enough to give it time to work & the ATA said it could take up 6 months to see anything with & I am willing to use it every day for 6 to 8 hrs for 6 to 12 months before I say it does not work & I also read where a lot of people have not sought any help from a Audiology Dr & people can write to the ATA & ask for the best one's in there state as I did & they sent me to Dr Allen Rohe & I looked him on the Internet & he is so well know for his work so in 6 months I will see where I am at with the Sound Cure as anything is better that where I am at now.. Well I will stop for now but thanks again for the Info.. Hope you and all the tinnitustalk people have a great day.

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cher69
      I just spoted what you wrote to me & Karen & thank you as I will find something that will help & I really feel as people keep talking here we all can help each other with what we try & go threw what it does or does not do for us.
      Have a nice day over the pond

27. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      @ramnaz - I did it - all night fast asleep !! Top tip that helped me - go to bed later than you would normally so your really tired - I usually head off to bed 10.30 ish last night we had a really bad thunder storm last night and the dog was going crazy so I stayed up to calm him - then I decided to bail out and pick up Hubby from work as the rain was so bad and he rides a bike - so at midnight I was outside the police station ( he is a policeman !) so I was shattered hit my bed about 12.30am - I listened to my relaxation stuff I like and I dont remember anything else until 6am !!

KEEP busy in the evening Ok mine last night was a little exciting so its a balance between not doing too much but enough to get you heading off to bed a little later - then you sleep through the early hours - try to keep that in mind also when you trying different things to help sleep.

Cher x

• Like Like x 1
    28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cher69
      Funny that you did that as I also went to bed late last night 1am & only got 4 1/2 hrs but I will take that over nothing so I am proud for you that you did well so keep up the good work I wonder if you have herd of the ATA as I am a member & each month they send out a news letter with updates on the research being done on tinnitus they are working hard with Doctors all around the world to help find a cure for tinnitus so I just wonder if you have herd of them ATA = American Tinnitus Association out of Portland Or.. Anyway nice news from you & thanks for the note & dohave a great day.

29. Cher69
      Fine

Cher69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20/5/2013
      No I've not heard of ATA but then I'm only new to this and I've researched so far UK based support it can only be good that support groups and research is done all over the world to help us battle this condition so oneday its not something we have to live with ! One day it will happen - so I hope if not in our lifetime in our children's they find a cure - so they don't suffer this silent problem silent to all those outside our own minds!
      keep strong ramnaz we are all in this together - Ive never felt so connected to strangers- it gives me faith that with support and love we can face and anything ! cher x

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ramnaz
      Confused

ramnaz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cher69
      If you Google search for ATA you will find the American Tinnitus Association & it cost $40.00 a year to be a member but 90% of the money goes to research & I feel it is more that worth it but that is just me. Sherri786 on here told me to take some Magnesium so I went & picked up a bottle today & so I will be trying that for a bit & see how it helps. As to finding a cure for the T in our life time I really think it will happen as even the VA is now getting in on it & that is why I like getting the news letter from the ATA as they let you know all that is being done around the world & there is some good research even coming out the UK as I bet you might know? Anyway thanks for the note.
      You Have a great evening.
      ramnaz