Hello All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GinaFun, Feb 11, 2017.

1. GinaFun

GinaFun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My story is pretty short. I've had ringing in my ears for as long as I can remember.

I'm 23 years old and have always thought ringing in my ears were normal until I learned and a younger age it wasn't (probably in high school).

The year of my "start of tinnitus" is a rough estimate. My dad has tinnitus but has been a construction worker all his life, which is most likely the cause of his.

However my grandma (on my dads side) also has tinnitus, but she's 86 years old. I guess mine is hereditary?

I was never a crazy concert goer, never listened to loud music unless I went out to a bar or club, or had any severe trauma to my head. It's something I've lived with for so long. Sometimes I'm able to ignore it. Other times I get so nervous that one day I'll lose my hearing.

However it is pretty cool to hear a certain buzz or ring that no one else in the room can hear. I guess I can say I have supersonic hearing?

Anyway, it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm glad I found this site!

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. I like your positive attitude. That will go a long way to help you and your T out. Feel free to browse the site and its resources. Take care. God bless.