Hello :D I've Got a Lot of Power Over My Tinnitus: Reducing Alcohol, Nicotine, Salt, Sugar...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tord, May 29, 2020.

1. Tord

Tord Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection, medication.
      Hello everyone. I'm new here. Never talked to anyone else that understands what having tinnitus feels like. The ups and downs, the spikes, temporary deafness. Recently I've discovered that I actually have a lot of power over my tinnitus. I never knew reducing my alcohol, nicotine, salt and sugar intake would make such a massive difference.

2. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What was your alcohol, nicotine, salt and sugar intake before, and what is it now?

3. Smartone202

Smartone202 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Very low since2004/Went haywire in 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise in 04/Wedding dance floor and flying(?) in 18
      I do believe this to be true to at least some extent. For me, I have absolutely realized that there is a link between my bad tinnitus episodes/phases and alcohol. For most of the Summer I barely drank and didn't experience any tinnitus hell. Then over the course of the last month though the only thing that's changed significantly in my diet is I've had a beer or mixed cocktail on average of a 2-3 times a week. I had a spike that began a few weeks ago now and it is killing me. Made a pact with myself today that I'm cutting out all junk food, sugar, alcohol and we'll see how that goes. It worked once for me years ago while adding in a healthier diet.