Hello Everyone — Overall I'm Better

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      I know I haven't been active here for awhile.. I just wanted to pop in and let you all know I'm doing well.. I've been doing a lot to improve my health and reduce my stress.. I got a new job, no more 911 dispatching, less stress and no more headsets.. it's a set schedule no more overtime.. I haven't been focusing on my T lately and just focusing on my life and my kids.. I also cut caffeine completely because my T was so severe.. cutting caffeine has helped me tremendously. Even though I was only consuming one cup of half caf a day, the difference in my T is amazing . I can live without caffeine! I've also been focusing on ignoring my T and living my life. And I have had a good month overall. Of course there has been bad days mixed in there but overall I am doing well.

I also got my hearing aids and use them As a masking device. Best news is I got them for free through a program here locally for people with disabilities like hearing loss and T.

As far as the other health stuff and my brain bleed, we still haven't determined what it is for certain but I have another MRI scheduled in April. The stroke neurologist wants me to start on blood thinners and an anti seizure medication . I've been told by my audiologist to avoid aspirin as a blood thinner if I can because if it's known ototoxiticy, so plavix would be the next choice.. the neurologist is thinking this was possible a tiny stroke and ruptured blood vessels or something called cortical vein thrombosis.. so the thought is blood thinner s prevents additional blood clots and prevents another bleed . Obviously I'm hesitate to use blood thinners due to ototoxicity but will have to weigh pros and cons.. obviously a brain bleed is more importantly than my ears. Has anyone here used blood thinners without affect to their T?

Anyway, overall I am better. I just wanted you all to know I still think of you all often and appreciate all your help! Been busy being positive and just living life because I'm alive and I want to live each day to the fullest- t or no t!

• Like Like x 8
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      good to hear you are doing well. what kind of sound does the masking device play? i tried one and it was like a white noise which was equally annoying as the tinnitus i thought.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      Good to hear you are feeling better. I hope and pray I can improve my positivity about life and T soon. Xx

• Like Like x 1
    5. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Natalie Roberts
      So nice to hear from you.
      I am glad to hear that you are doing ok and your positive attitude is inspiring!
      Keep us posted on the MRI and hope all goes well with that for you.
      Sam

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. NancyL
      Fine

NancyL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Workplace noise
      So good to hear! Thanks for letting us know.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's like a static sound. It took me a few months of altering the sound to come up with one that didn't aggravate my tinnitus. I can't really hear it unless i listen for it.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks everyone :)

9. Jaylee R
      Frustrated

Jaylee R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mid-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music or TMJ
      Hi Natalie, I'm glad you're doing better. Thanks for sharing - I didn't consider that my caffeine intake could have made my Tinitus worse.