Hello Everyone, I Wish I Didn't Have to Meet You

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by magenta, Jul 1, 2015.

1. magenta

magenta Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2008
      Hi!

My name is magenta (let's say) and I got my tinnitus 7 years ago. I Went to a rock conecrt and someone pushed me next to the speaker. It was mild, and I could easily ignore it. But last Friday I went to a Music festival and I just made it worse. I wish I could say I wore ear plugs, but I didn't....at a band which I liked and plays a bit milder music I didn't wear them...and here I am now. With a mid-ear fluid accumulation (I have no idea how this happened, but it seems to be connected) and a higher pitch tinnitus.

I know I will be able to get accustomed to it, but all I am thinking now is "stupid! stupid! stupid!". I feel like I am on the edge of despair... I tried finding its range, but I don't have a particular tone...it's more like the sound of a fan inside my head,I can't really pinpoint it on a Hz map.

I hope that joining this Community will help me to cope with this annoying noise.

All the best
      magenta

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    2. awbw8
      Balanced

awbw8 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2013
      I am so sorry you're dealing with increased T, but it sounds like perhaps it may go down when the fluid in your ear dissipates, so try not to despair just yet, but always remember those earplugs :)

The hardest part of T for me, after habituating, was learning to forgive myself. Try to live in the present, take what you can from the situation as a learning experience and let go. I know that's far easier said than done, but just know that you're not alone. We're all human and make mistakes and many of us here owe our T, or an increase of it, to a very human mistake. It will be okay and we're with you.

We're so happy you found us here : )

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I agree with awbw8. Your ears took a beating in the concert and now you have fluid in the ears, and perhaps feeling of ear fullness or pressure. That is quite common result from acoustic trauma. Many new T sufferers report this problem after going concert of clubbing. But many do report that the problem ease up after a while. The body can heal some injury.

Since your acoustic trauma incident is recent, you may want to get your doctor/ENT to prescribe a course of prednisone or other corticosteroids. Members here highly recommend new T patient to get this treatment as soon as possible, particularly if the T is from acoustic trauma. Here is a discussion thread on this treatment:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...dexamethasone-others-oral-and-injections.348/

You may want to try masking too so you won't get too panicky or stressed out by the new T ringing level. If you don't have masking sounds, TT does have many good sounds here:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      magenta

magenta Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2008
      Thank you for your positive replies!

I did go to the doctor (4 days after) and she didn't see any signs of acoustic trauma. She said the ear drums were shiny and pink. The only thing was that the left ear drum was unresponsive to the blow-hard-in-your-nose-while-pinching-nostrils maneuver, and there was a bubble, so she suspected middle-ear fluid. It also fits about right because I have these cracking noises (which are physical, not (yet) another tinnitus). I remember when I first had my acoustic trauma the ear drums were buckled inwards and a bit yellow. Anyway, she gave me a nasal spray with corticosteorids (mometasone) to take for 2 months. I hope that is enough...I am also asking my parents to send me Betaserc, I know I took them the first time. They don't exist in Sweden, apparently.

Who would have thought I would get better Medical care in Romania (where I had my first traume, and I got IV for 10 days and betaserc and full therapy) than in Sweden...