Hello from Dallas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by svg1204, Sep 8, 2015.

1. svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphones maybe?not sure really.
      Hi everyone this past few days have been a little.........................well i guess you all know, i haven't been diagnosed with tinnitus yet, but i've had a high pitch sound not too loud on my left ear ( can't tell if both ) since Friday at 4 am when i woke up with the sound, as to what cause it my first guess is headphones i use to watch tv or gaming and what not, other than that i don't know, tomorrow im going to an ENT since it was weekend and today labor day, i wasn't able to make an appointment.

are there any things i should ask or tell the ENT?please let me know.

Thank you in advanced.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      well im pretty sure i have tinnitus now since i just saw the video sounds of tinnitus since my sound is kinda like higher pitched version of jeff or rochelle (sorry if i get the name wrong,) maybe Zackary

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to TT.

Since your tinnitus is so new and it seems to be caused by acoustic trauma, you may want to ask your doctor/ENT to prescribe a course of prednisone steroid as members on TT quite often recommend such treatment asap after ear injury from acoustic trauma. Here is a thread with discussions on the use of steroids for T:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...dexamethasone-others-oral-and-injections.348/

Also, when T is new and the ringing is causing much anxiety, it is advisable to get masking asap. Here is a TT thread with an audio player for many masking sounds and it also comes with nice tips for new sufferers. If you have sleep problem, then check out the link there for a sleep thread too. There are also links to ATA & BTA with loads of more info.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    4. Brian Reade
      Cheerful

Brian Reade Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after chiropractic neck adjustment
      Welcome to the forum.

5. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Wellcome. There are many T sufferes on this forum to correspond with.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ok so i have an appointment with a ENT tomorrow at 10am that would make it 5 days from the first moment i woke up with this stuff from satan. Would that still be good for steroids ?

7. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Yes, if the T is from acoustic trauma and very new, it is recommended to try this treatment asap. Prednisone is prescribed for many people and widely used. My wife has chronic asthma and when the breathing becomes too difficult, she gets this stuff to help. There is no guarantee that it will work for every case, but it doesn't hurt to try.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ok so i just got back from the ent, aparently and im so embarrased to type this in, i had quite a deep wax build up, so the cleaning that i do every morning after the shower wasn't as good as i thought, they did a hearing test and im hearing perfectly, i still have the high pitch sound but not as loud or noticeable as before, i also have my blood pressure a little high and i've been really stressed out since my mother is going through breast cancer, so the ent said to give it a few days see how i do, i have a doctors appointment for next week and another ent appointment in 2 weeks.

9. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Good....and you remind me of Ben Foster...

MV5BMTk4OTY1MTQxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ5MjU0Nw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    10. Brian Reade
      Cheerful

Brian Reade Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      after chiropractic neck adjustment
      That sounds like good news. Maybe if you can get the blood pressure down and keep the ear clean (perhaps with some kind of medicinal ear flush?) You'll notice an improvement.

11. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Keep the sound on the headphones down man. Thats how I got it. Your ears can trick you by adjusting to dangerous sound levels. I also recommend a decibel meter so you know for sure how loud is too loud. You can get one off the net ( amazon) or you can download one on to your phone. Best wishes and I hope it goes away.

12. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      You are a good son caring about your mother's cancer treatment and feeling stressful about her illness. God bless you. Since stress is not good for T, try to accept & flow with the reality of her illness and don't get too emotionally down on yourself. Your mother will want you to stay healthy and not suffer so much with stress and severe T. Take good care.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you all and lol on the Ben Foster, thank you really, yea i have a doctors appointment next week for the blood presure, the ent said about 80% of people think they are doing a good job at cleaning their ears but they are not, i would recommend people to visit one and get checked on that, also no more headphones for me im done with that, and Billie yea, i try to stay calm and relax but its been hard, there is also so much people with cancer Jesus, the chemo area here at the cancer center in plano has i would say 25 chairs and there is always someone on a chair getting chemo. Thankfully my mother's cancer was cough early and she is going to be ok, but its been a rough time.

Also is there like a skype chat or something for the group? probably would be a good idea if someone is depressed or needs someone to talk to, i learn that with all the cancer stuff my mother has been going through

14. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      There used to be a private Skype chat for over a year, but people did not get along and finally it broke up.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ok so update, today im having a headache, its kind of palpitating headache, neck pain the right side and mi tinnitus has spiked i would say its a 4 or 5 out of 10, the last few days had been a 2 or 3 im trying to pint point this thing out, tomorrow morning i have an appointment with another ENT for a second opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ok so i just got back from the other ENT this is is sooooooooooo much better, me tinnitus she said is not from sound damage it has to be from something else, which could be my high blood pressure, my wisdom teeth, and a couple of other things, i now know why i snore and also i breath from one nostral i have a diviated septum, she also said i could try vitamins and stuff that could help, she mentioned that some of her patients said that ginko helps, she checked my throat i have bigger that normal tonsils too, pretty much im two steps short of being a mutant but is all good.

the million dollar question was asked, will it go away and she said that most likely if i took care of my blood pressure and a couple of other things it would go away since i don't have apparent damage to my inner ear, i will see her again in three wees for my nose stuff and also for a catscan.

• Like Like x 2
    17. Dubbyaman
      Angry

Dubbyaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Excessive loud noise
      Sounds like you really lucked out. I hope so anyways. Your inner ears arent damaged and thats great. Please take into account the dangers of loud noise from here on out. Get to know decibel levels and wear ear protection in loud environments to avoid future problems. Hope it goes away and god bless.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      svg1204

svg1204 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey bro yea, i think i lucked out (knock on wood) im done with headsets and anything loud, the sound actually has gone down a little bit, i still have a long way to go with dentist, all the other stuff but im working on it, i know as long as i dont have damage to my inner ear is much easier i believe for this thing to go away.