Hello I am dwmoon90

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by dwmoon90, Oct 15, 2013.

1. dwmoon90

dwmoon90 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hello I am dwmoon90. I am 54 yrs old with family history of hearing loss. I started noticing around 2000 but I ignored it and tried to hide it. This caused problems at work and around 2007 I finally went to a doctor. My hearing was significantly below normal and I tried hearing aids. After about a year of I noticed a consistent ringing in my left ear. I thought it was a defective aid but the doctor told me I had Tinitus. The ringing was amplified by hearing aids so I stopped using them. I have been trying to survive both professionally and personally without any aids since that time. I am tired of trying and I have decided I need to know my rights. I am a Fed govt employee and having a very bad time in my current job because of frequent meetings and conference calls. I need someone to help me understand my rights as far as my employment. I don't want to retired on disability but I would like to be moved to a different job. I would appreciate any help you can provide.

2. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      Hello @dwmoon90! Can you provide more info about your tinnitus? Do you have it in both the ears? How loud is it? Do you hear it all day long or only when you're in a silent environment? I have no clue about which country you are from, and what exactly you do for work. But, if your work is stressing you out, it affects your tinnitus too. See how you can ease your stress. If you can't, try taking a few days off work, or try switching jobs if possible. Go through this forum thoroughly for lots of good info, it will definitely help you. Good luck. :)

3. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Hi and welcome to TT. As far as getting transferred to another job, the Federal Government has so many various departments and employees it would be hard to say, with the information you have provided.

However, going by what you have revealed, I would think a letter from a few different Doctors explaining your problems with tinnitus, and it's affecting your ability to do your job, would be the place to start. Who would you give the letter to though, human re sorceress, your Department head, Union?

The information you have given is very limited, I am sure you have your reasons making it so.

That is the best I can come up with.

Have you googled your job and what your rights are?

4. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Have you found out anything yet regarding your job rights??