Hello I'm New

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Smuge123, Oct 24, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Smuge123
      English

Smuge123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head cold
      About 6 weeks ago I had a really bad head cold and started to get a ear ach in my right ear .then it became muffled and all of a sudden started to get ringing in my ear .at first it was really loud and could hardly hear at all from my right ear .

Now 6 weeks has gone by .my ear is not that muffled anymore and the ringing has gone down to a more lower volume but it is still consistent.

Will it eventually go away completely with time ? Just getting very worried that I have this permanently.

I've never had any problems at all with my ears .it all started from a cold .any advice would be fantastic.

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      After a head cold it can take a few weeks for ear inflamation to go that should help your tinnitus settles down.
      Always worth getting your ears checked out for any lingering ear infection....lots of love glynis

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      You may have ETD, so it is best to see an ENT to clear that up. You can search this site for ETD and see if you have similar symptoms. If you are already seeing improvement, count that as a positive. The more positive and calm we are, the less chance for T to flare up as it needs the fuel of anxiety and stress plus the lack of sleep to get its energy to flare up most of the time. Take care. God bless.

• Like Like x 1