Hello! New Here But Not to Tinnitus!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Melissa Reyes, May 16, 2017.

1. Melissa Reyes

Melissa Reyes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have had Tinnitus for about 3-4 months now. It started out of nowhere I hardly noticed it. But then it got super bad and ever since I became obessed trying to find something to make it go away.

I have seen an ENT who told me I had a small amount of hearing loss where my T is located. (Right ear)

I had an MRI to check for tumors etc. Everything came out clear. So he basically told me to just deal with it.

Another thing that has happened with my T is tension in my jaw area and lots of cracking when I chew. Sometimes I feel like I can't swallow my own spit which is weird.

Overall I don't know what to do but to just deal with. It has gotten a lot more manageable but I wish I knew how to get that silence back!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I have had tinnitus for about two months I relate mine to dental work, I been to every doc and answers just deal with it. I was healthy before and after all my test still healthy. You said your jaw crack they say tmj also have you tried to tune it out I'm still working on that one mine is in my left moves to the right and low,midium, and high I believe there is no controlling it just like doc have no answer I'm trying to tune it out but I think trying to make yourself comfortable is best

• Like Like x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      In all honesty, dealing with it is very possible. Distracting yourself from the tinnitus, is the way I and others manage to handle tinnitus.

There are many ways/techniques that one can use. Figure out, what works for you and just keep at it. Tinnitus is no fun, no one enjoys ringing sounds in their heads 24-7.

I am a huge fan of take what life gives you and living life no matter what. Still moving forward, in life no matter what!

Mentality, is a huge factor in how we deal with issues and how we move ahead in our lives.

I suggest that you take care of your ears and possibly talk it out with someone, that you trust.

Tinnitus is horrible, but it does not mean that life is over :)

Take care...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      I hope it goes away. Tinnitus is awful and very very hard to dead with unless you completely give up. Good luck to you, I really hope it goes away. Nobody deserves this :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Melissa Reyes

Melissa Reyes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello all! I posted this a few months back ever since my T has reduced A LOT! I still hear that little annoying noise at night or when i blow my nose ect. It has improved so much though that I am able to sleep better at night and not obesses over it.

6. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      I'm looking into an in ear hearing aid with masker, do you have one I'm my own advocate due docs I've seen said nothing and deal with it. I'm happy yours came down mine has different sounds and trying to ignore but anxiety sets in anyway I hope your feeling better