Tinnitus After Multiple Ear Infections/Flu — Could TMJ or MCAS Be Related to My Case?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anasue, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Anasue
      Balanced

Anasue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Infection, possibly COVID-19
      Hi, there I'm Anasue from Scotland, I developed tinnitus after multiple ear infections/flus last Autumn/Winter. Mind you, I didn't use antibiotics but was using natural ear infection treatments. And it's left me with tinnitus in my right ear. I went to the ENT for a good ear flushing in March this year and the tinnitus continued. It's been a constant. I also have TMJ so these can also be related.

Has anyone heard of MCAS? I recently found out about this and did some research and it looks like tinnitus can also be related to this.

As a proponent of natural health solutions, I have been experimenting with a low sugar diet, low histamine diet, and also using VATA balancing to try and reduce tinnitus. As tinnitus is considered a VATA aggravation.

Anyway, I've been recommended to go for an MRI scan by the ENT guy who did the ear syringing. I've been putting it off as I don't fancy the magnet idea and how it could affect my health in general. I don't tend to trust a lot of the normal health care procedures.

What is your opinion on getting the MRI done? I know it might give me peace of mind about any brain disorders. But I always think, well, the tinnitus only happened after the ongoing ear infection last year, never had it before that.

I am sending healing thoughts to all of you here. It can be such a debilitating thing to have.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Stuart-T
      Thinking

Stuart-T Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax or COVID-19 infection
      I am in Scotland too. I saw the ENT people just 2 weeks ago. They did offer me an MRI - as my hearing is same in both ears but tinnitus only in my left ear. I declined that for 2 reasons. I don't want to take any chances on the magnetism affecting my tinnitus - and it is also very rare for them to find anything from an MRI which is causing the tinnitus. It is up to you though - make your own decision.

As for salt sugar diet etc etc - I experimented with that for 3 months - and I concluded that it has no impact at all on my tinnitus levels so I eat what I want. I am fasting every 2 days for 20 hours though - which I find helps my tinnitus and also my energy levels.