Hello Tinnitus Talk

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Emrethal, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Emrethal

Emrethal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Brain
      Hello All
      You can call me Thal, I am 32 male and unfortunately have tinnitus.
      My story goes back to 12/2015, I started hearing tinnitus the night that I learned my dad had health issue (he is OK)...
      Then it got worse by time. I will share it with a time frame to make things easier.

2014 - I entered a routine company health check which includes hearing test as well. (In 2016 i found the report and learnt that I have hearing loss on my right ear around 20%)

12 / 2015 - 1st time hearing tinnitus. then after trying to live with the stress, what if i have the same problem with dad, what if this sound becomes higher and takes me away from social life etc.
      visiting ENTs, interestingly learning that there is a small hearing loss on my right ear. Concerns shifts from the tinnitus sound to deafness. Then I found the report from 2014 and learnt that tinnitus didn't start with the hearing loss...

2016 /2017 - I went to an ENT who is specialized on tinnitus. 1st he gave me some supplements like Ginkgo biloba and B-complexes and told me to come back if they do not help within 6 months which they didn't. Then he took me into a fMRI stuff, it was like NASA astronaut elections. During the MR they injected something to my blood and they gave me headphones which produces different frequencies.

Long story short: Both ears are healthy, producing normal signals and they are delivered to brain normally. But! the path the signals follows in my brain to auditory cortex has problems especially for the right ear. ENT was not able to tell me what to do and what can cause it but MRI result also told us that my veins and flows are ok and they were not creating fake signals which can damage auditory cortex. (But I hear my pulse on my right ear, especially in 2016 it was too much, reduced by time - may be because of the hearing loss increase from 20% to 30% but I really know what a whoosh is as people wrote here :) )

My main problem is not tinnitus but the hearing loss. Doctor told me they are related... (If there is a Doctor or someone interested here I can try translating the report - not that long)

Well I am here to find someone like me, talk, share experiences trials etc.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Hearing loss can cause tinnitus but not all folks with hearing loss have tinnitus. If your main problem is hearing loss, perhaps getting hearing aids will help. For doctors on site, you can try the doctors listed in the Doctor's Corner on this site. Not sure if they are all ENTs. If you need an ENT who is a member here, you can try @brownbear who has been active here and has posted that he is an ENT.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Tinnitus and hearing loss are almost always tied together. It's the brain compensating for a loss of hearing.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Emrethal

Emrethal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Brain
      Thank you all for your welcoming and informative messages. I am looking forward to go deeper in the forum by time. I heard BDNF from the book "Grain Brain" which I read about 3 weeks ago. After finishing I started having curcumin, coconut oil daily. Anyway if I find related subject in the forum, I will share what i learnt if needed. Thank you again.

• Like Like x 1