Hello to Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ECE86, Nov 17, 2017.

1. ECE86

ECE86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      In my case my husband is who has had tinnitus since, I'd say 2014, (he shoot a gun without any ear protection) he thought the ringing would go away but it didn't, it didn't bother him that much until this year. What happened was very strange, he was drinking around 12 cups of coffee a day (so yes basically not drinking water just coffee) so he decided at the begging of this year to reduce his caffeine intake and that caused his tinnitus to go crazy. For about 3 months he suffered depression, pain in his ear, headaches, anxiety, he was so afraid it'd get worse and he basically thought his life was over (it was really hard to see a person so full of life feeling this way) but we got through it. Apparently it was a caffeine withdrawal that caused unbalance and spiked his tinnitus, according to him the tinnitus is back to "normal" so now he can tolerate it.

In my case it has happened to me in the last two weeks that I got this long beep on my right ear. The first time I just woke up and it lasted seconds. The second time was yesterday after using my earphones and it lasted like 20 min and I don't know if it was the anxiety building up but I felt some pressure inside of my ear. It wasn't too loud but loud enough for me to notice and it was definitely inside my right ear. I have decided to stop using earphones.

And I don't know, is it possible that I'm suffering hearing lost?

2. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Please don't use headphones! I wish I knew then what I know now. Life is not remotely normal and not a day passes where I don't miss my old life. I don't drink coffee anymore, even though I loved coffee, especially when I was in Europe. Caffeine can spike up tinnitus according to an article that I have read.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes of course. Why couldn't it be possible?
      Have a hearing test done at the audiologist and you will get a better idea.

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I am glad that you decided to never use earphones again. Consider protecting your ears from noise (possibly even noises like that of a blender or hair dryer). There are many people here who shared stories of getting mild tinnitus that went away, ignoring it and being exposed to noise, and then ending up with loud permanent tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1