Help and Paradox

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amv, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Amv

Amv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Hello All and Happy Easter!

I would like to ask for a recent spike i am suffering (what do you think is the cause?) and also something very strange that has happened me and may help all of you :)

Recent Spike Possible Causes:
      • Since these last 2 weeks , after 8 months I started to have a really low tinnitus.
      • Since Saturday 19th March I was starting to feel sick (which really was a tooth infection) and I resisted to take antibiotic until Tuesday 27th.
      • Thursday 22nd was one of the most stressful days due to work of my life! It was very challenging due to work and partner issues.
      • Thursday 22nd I took 0.5mg Ativan to calm me down, I also took Allegra (Fexofenadine 180mg) due to a food allergy.
      • Since Friday 23rd I started to have a really big spike, my hiss was very loud and since then it has kept this way (it has diminishing a bit already).
      • I still have Tooth infection and the Antibiotic I took (cefalor) has not made any effect (it is the least ototoxic antibiotic and I am reluctant to take any other antibiotic).
      So my question is, the spike is due to:
      • An unhealed infection?
      • Fenofexadine? I took it before like 12 times and it changed a bit my tone but only for 12 hours
      • Lorazepam 0.5mg single dose?
      • Stress event?
      • What do you think?
      Here is the paradox:

Since 8 months, I have been living like a "monk", I have isolated myself a lot, very careful of my ears, of my diet, of not drinking, I have not gone to the cinema, not drive, not parties, not dating, all to get my tinnitus healed. And you know what? Not worth it. The paradox is that I have the increase in my tinnitus and I don't care at all and I am more happy than before, maybe because I don't fear it anymore. And I have more desire to enjoy life and get back my life despite my tinnitus increase! How funny eh? What I am trying to say is that we are here in life to enjoy, I don't want to get metaphysical or not, but we don't know if after life there is something else, but we really know that to be alive is a miracle, so despite any situation, it's worth living any second despite any situation!

What I am trying to say is to encourage everyone to enjoy their lives as much as possible, and despite tinnitus sucks we are joyful warriors and we have to take profit of being alive! Best to all!

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You are saying the above because as a result of your lifestyle your T hasn't gotten louder. I would be interested in finding out your opinion on this matter should your new fun lifestyle result in your T getting louder and louder and louder. I hope you will share with us what happens, no matter what ends up happening (good or bad).

You are making a very exciting bet. The stakes couldn't be higher - your health vs. some fun, unforgettable parties. Fascinating.
      I hear you! The catch is that when T gets louder, it is harder to enjoy life. Another catch is that one hour (a fraction of as second, in my case) of being a joyful warrior can have a lifetime price tag (as in not being able to enjoy life for the rest of the life). Please do let us know whether it was Totally Worth It, though.

• Like Like x 1
    3. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      I do get what you're saying-you should enjoy life as much as possible despite the shittiness of T- but I would say, don't give up on protecting your ears bc you don't think it's worth it anymore. it is.
      also, I'd bet e your current spike is likely due to the infection and stress events, since the one med listed isn't ototoxic, and the other was such a small dose.

• Like Like x 1
    4. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Go for it. The longer I have this condition the more I realise that nothing really works besides stress reduction. In fact it may well be the body's way of telling you to slow down and do something different/meaningful with your life.

• Like Like x 1
    5. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      This is the likely culprit. Stress kills. It's damaging to the entire system.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amv

Amv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Hello All :) Thank you very much for your comments. I was afraid Fexofenadine or Lorazepam were the culprit of my spike, but it is really true that after strong stressful events that may be the culprit :( I hope the spike will go down. If anyone has had bad experience with Fenoxefadine would be great to know, I will relax the following weeks because i have had a lot of stress lately.

Bill, what i was trying to say, is that we can have an extreme life in terms of healing our T, but any pill, any stresful event or any event can set you back. Many people which have been able to overcome T and heal it is due to their ability to move on, and continue with life, then the brain understands T is not a threat and sends it back and probably stop paying it attention. Many of us who are here have a very specific type of personality which can be excellent for many things but probably not much for T. Obviously i would not attend to a nightclub without ear plugs, or probably attend a heavy metal concert. But maybe be more flexible in some other areas of our lifes that can helps us relax, always with precaution.

Good news is that probably in the next 3 years we will have more treatments available :)