Help! In the ER... Right Side of Face and Ear Numb. I Feel Like I Have an Amplifier.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rina, May 31, 2015.

1. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      So scared! Right side of face numb... Ear feels very hot... The ringing got too loud... And sounds have a cymbal effect at the end... My hearing is weird on that side... Help!!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. So sorry Rina :( That is how my H started. Do you suffer from any TMJ or any other conditions?

3. Carm

Carm Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      You are in the Emergency Room and the doctors are there to help you! Go ask them, don't ask here!

Since you asked, I think your stress, depression and panic attacks have resulted in facial numbness.

No, I read your post again. It is a stroke.

No, I read it again. It is multiple sclerosis.

No, is it a brain tumor?

The point I am trying to make is your symptoms can be serious and you shouldn't consult a forum!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      @Street Spirit i do have tmd.. I'm supposed to get a splint but I don't have money for it...

@Carm .. Why are you so mean? Sorry my post bother you... I thought I asked maybe someone had my same symptoms

The ringing in the right ears is extremely loud... I can't hear that well... Never had this before

I feel my ear full of something... I'm so scared! I can't take this anymore...

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Miss lavender

Miss lavender Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/01/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      You are at the right place now. So take advantage of all the doctors and nurses there to help you. I am sure you will be feeling much better soon. Keep positive and think of all the great things in your life. I wish you luck and lots of quiet times ahead.

6. Chelles
      Balanced

Chelles Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      @Rina I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well :( I get something similar to what you describe but my ringing doesn't increase and I get very bad vertigo. I hope the doctors can help you and you feel better soon.

@Carm I see the point you are trying to make but your delivery came off very rude maybe wording it differently next time will be a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Agree 100% with chelles. Please let us know what is going on when you can. I am saying a prayer for you right now...

• Like Like x 1
    8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Jesus....That sounds really bad! I hope that you get better and that it isn't anything serious like a stroke.

9. It isn't a stroke! I was just in hospital for suspected one..trust me..not a stroke! I deal with those symptoms quite often. I also have TMD, can't afford GNM and have had this 2 years. Most docs and nurses won't even know what is wrong (sorry to say) Will most likely say stress or unexplained neuralgia and refer you back to your GP to follow up.

It's quite possible its your TMD aggravating your trigeminal nerve or H beginning....my H started with hot ears and facial numbness. My GP was clueless and diagnosed atypical migraine ( which it very well could be as well ) either way hang in there and update us.

((hugs))

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      if your ear keeps getting hot and your t keeps reacting it might be hyperacusis like lynn said...lets hope not ..my ears burn every day

11. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Rina, hang in there. Youll find out what it is. Get some meds if you need them.
      Your in our prayers...

12. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      Same hear when I'm to long in a silentroom hearing my T my left ear becomes warm and hurts... Some days are better than others ... but I just have to learn to live with it.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      first thanks all for your support... I have to report that I'm feeling better today... The ringing got really low .. It is only in the right ear and this morning was again at base level... The numbness is gone and the warmth feeling too... I developed a little bit of H last night which is also gone now... I was diagnosed with occipital neuralgia and Bell's palsy. I was prescribed neurotin 300 mg daily for the neuralgia and acyclovir for Bell's palsy .. I took my first acyclovir this morning so far so good .. The neurotin I'm supposed to take at night... I will wait and see...the doctor said the ringing might have a lot to do with the Bell's palsy and my bad sinuses... She said neurotin should help calm down the nerve of the auditory system but that it might take 3 to 6 months to recover fully... Thanks again to all who
      Cared to encourage me and give reassurance that everything will be fine... I'm glad I have a diagnosis now and I've started treatment .. Hopefully all will resolve and even the ringing might get lower or go away ... Have a good day everyone!

• Hug Hug x 6
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Glad to hear they diagnosed you with something that is treatable. Get well soon!

15. Interesting! Did you have any drooping of the face? Occipital Neuralgia is a possibility and one I have suspected for myself. I hope the meds work well for you! :)

16. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      Interesting! Did you have any drooping of the face? Occipital Neuralgia is a possibility and one I have suspected for myself. I hope the meds work well for you!

Lynn, two of my neighbors one in her early 30's the other in her late 40's both had Bells palsy, both thought they were having a stroke. I guess the symptoms are similar. There are only 17 houses on my street, and to have two of those households have someone with Bell's, it was surprising to me, but must not all that rare. Also interesting both are young women. I did not bother googling it, I bet if affects women more that men though.

17. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      So happy for you Rina, you gave us all a scare. Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know you are OK...:huganimation:

18. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      That's great news Rina, glad that you back to getting better :)

19. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Glad you are better, @Rina. My uncle has Bell's palsy. Very treatable. Sorry, it all sounds like a scary experience.

• Winner Winner x 1
    20. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I'd think twice about taking that neurontin.
      Not the best drug for people with t. Actually, it is quite useless for most of the things it is prescribed for.
      Dunno why doctors love it so much, but then again Pfizer has its ways with medical systems all over the world.

21. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      i didnt research this, but i thought bells palsy was due to a viral infection.

22. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hi... I had numbness eye and lip twitching... Thank God..I hope so too... I'm a little skeptical about neurotin since some people here have said has made T worse.. I'm actually sitting with the pill in my hand thinking if I should take it or not...

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hi... Did you have any experience with this drug or know someone who has bad experience with it?

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      @LadyDi .. Hi.. Did you uncle had T as well? Was he prescribed neurotin? How is he doing?

26. Hmm I had that too but more like crazy spasms of my eye..Still didn't get the Bells diagnosis though. .My Neurologist is still trying to figure out what I have so he just puts me in the " chronic atypcial migraine" category.

I wouldn't take gabapentin ( I have a bottle I never took after learning how many people get T from it) What helped mine was clonazepam. You could try amitriptyline.

27. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey @Rina, he is doing fine. Says it never bothers him any more. I will ask him about the neurotin.

28. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Rina, I hate to sound like a broken record on this, but if you have Bell's Palsy combined with tinnitus and other neurological conditions, I really think you should find a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating Lyme disease. I don't know what part of Canada you are in, but Lyme ticks have spread over pretty much the entire continent. I have a relative who struggled with this terribly until she found a competent doctor to diagnose and treat it.

29. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      I've taken Neurontin and Lyrica, did nothing for me, anxiety/tinnitus-wise.
      As far as T is concerned, most studies have concluded that is as effective as placebo.
      Some people found it beneficial (for T) when combined with a benzo, such as clonazepam, for a limited amount of time.
      Some others have complained that it makes T worse and gone as far as saying that it is ototoxic.
      Check out these threads:
      http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Tinnitus/forum/10767224-success-klonopin-and-gabapentin
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/gabapentin-neurontin.3162/

I believe that Neurontin is a total "shot in the dark" drug.
      Not even its manufacturer knows its mechanism of action.
      Maybe it will do something for your neuralgia but there's no telling if it will have any negative effect on your T.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      @linearb .. Hi... You know when I when to the gp I asked to be tested for Lyme disease, she asked me if I had a tick bite.. I said I don't know, she told me of you would have had a tick bite you would have noticed so we don't need to check for Lyme disease... I would asked her to have me tested again.. I have an appointment next week. I live in Pensacola Florida, not Canada... As far as the ringing after starting the antiviral has stayed pretty low like 1 and 2 pretty much... I have not taken neurotin yet... I'm afraid it will makey T worse although the doctor said it will help T.... I will discuss it with my gp next week... And I will insist on the Lyme disease test... Thanks!