Help Please!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by J_low, Nov 28, 2017.

1. J_low

J_low Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear flushing from the GP
      My husband had his ears flushed 1 week and 1 day ago. Since that time he has experienced severe, 10/10 roaring noise in his ear. He has been back to the dr., ENT and audiology. No one has been able to help. My husband has gone into a downward spiral of despair, agony and even suicidal ideations. I’m desperate for help.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Tell your hubby try to relax and keep relaxing music on around him around the clock to help mask the sound and reduce anxiety.
      Your hubby might have some inflamation in his ears that need time to settle and it should do but can not guarantee.
      You can get sterile ear drops from the chemist that might help but if it's not settling over the next two weeks then I would see ENT or your doctor.
      Tinnitus comes from the Limbic part of the brain that your emotions come from so easy to see why tinnitus can give you a bit of a emotional wobble.
      Tinnitus is mentally challenging but it can improve or go away for a lot of people.
      Time is a great healer.
      Try off load stress for him and understand how he feels and lots of love and support and understanding that loud places like clubs or Cinema or gigs etc can spike tinnitus while his ears heel .
      Wearing noise reduction plugs around extra loud sounds that are not everyday sounds will help protect his ears.
      We are here around the clock to support both of you.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      J_low

J_low Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear flushing from the GP
      We have been to the family med 3 times. We have seen audiology and ENT. Our next appointment is with neurology. So far he has exercised no relief at all. Constant LOUD and distracting ringing. He cries all day, can’t function, his balance is off, has constant headaches, can’t sleep and is dizzy. It’s so hard to watch. He says he feels like he’s in a torture chamber.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      is it in one ear or both? is there any loss of hearing?

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma