Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tru, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Tru

Tru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Im not sure
      Please help this wooshing sound is driving me crazy ive seen an ent doc and ive had an xray done and still no answers i started getting the wooshing sound when i was pregnant and on blood pressure meds in 2010 then after i had my baby i got off the meds and it went away now i am back on them and at first the wooshing would come and go now it wont go at all!!! Only when i press on my neck please what could this be??

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. I am no doctor so I won't know what could cause for sure. But blood flow or pressure is a known cause for T for some people. Not sure what you mean by pressing on your neck? If that can change the blood flow to the ears, perhaps that is why it can affect your T. But this is just speculation at best. Regardless of the cause, you may need masking to help you deal with your T ringing. Have you done masking yet?

• Like Like x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Have a chat with your doctor as he might have a better med to try for blood pressure....a refural to audiology might help also with items to help like White noise generators or hearing aid...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Tru,

I've heard of other people whose tinnitus or pulsatile tinnitus started when they were pregnant. Also, the blood pressure drug you took may have caused the whooshing/pulsating to start.

I have pulsatile tinnitus, too, and mine started after taking a blood pressure drug. I agree with Glynis that you might want to discuss this with your doctor, and see if he can suggest another type of blood pressure med that may help settle things down.

Will you be going back to your doctor any time soon?