Help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kat2u, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Kat2u

Kat2u Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Febuary 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm new here and I am loosing it. I have been deeply clinically depressed for a year, now this starts, sleeping and functioning seem impossible. I'm scared cus I don't want to live anymore. I don't know how to get a handle on this. It seems my mind searches for the crickets. It won't turn off!!!!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      Hi @Kat2u. I am feeling very similar to you, and I have only been suffering since a February. I am obsessed with the sound. There are lots of lovely people on here who I am sure will be along shortly with some good advice. Take care xxx

3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Kat2u and Jaybeee,

Welcome both to the forum...

@Kat2u, Kaybee

Have you been to the ENT? What medications - if any - are you taking? If you have yet to do so, search around this site to learn how people are coping.

Generally speaking, tinnitus is new to you. The first thing you need to understand is that it is not lethal! Hopefully, it will abate or vanish entirely for the both of you. Good luck!

4. Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      Hi @MikeL1972
      Thanks for your reply. What are the statistics re the chance of it vanishing/abating? I don't see much on here or the internet about the possibility of it vanishing.

5. Jaybeee
      Wishful

Jaybeee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety?
      @Kat2u how are you feeling today? I had the worst night last night. My T was loudest it has been. Had to resort to Valium in the end. Xxx

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I don't know the stat on T vanishing but the success stories are proofs that life can get better even after T. Many either have habituated to T and some have T gone for good.

7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. We have empathy for what you going through. As bad as it is, this is quite normal reaction for most new T sufferers, the depression, fear, sleeplessness, anxiety and panic attacks, even the suicidal ideations. Many of us have been where you are at the start of our T. This is the most difficult phase of the T journey and we often succumb to the sense of hopelessness and despair as both the doctors and our own families don't seem to know how to help us, and we are fearful of the future as each day seems to be forever, in the dark, dark tunnel. But don't lose hope. Many do get better. Try to read the success stories to get the hope that you will be like others who have gotten better. Even me with prior history of anxiety and panic disorder, with PTSD and depression, and with both ultra high pitch tinnitus plus severe hyperacusis, with nothing but darkness just a few years ago, yet now living a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. I wrote my success story to share some strategies I used to get better. If you have time to read it, the story explains how I turn around. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

You may want to consider masking your T. If you haven't yet, here are some suggestions:

1) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers.

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune. If you have a smart phone, you can download free APPs for soothing or T-masking sounds.

3) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds too:

TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: https://mynoise.net

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.