Helped by a Hearing Aid

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Robert Springer, May 29, 2017.

1. Robert Springer

Robert Springer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck injury
      Hi everyone,

This Robert, I'm 77 years old. I've had tinnitus since 2010 and I almost died twice from acute alcoholism, because drinking was the only way to reduce the noice in my head. Luckily, I found a Starkey Hearing Aid used specifically for tinnitus. I don't know if it will help you, but it saved my life. I don't drink at all any more and am healthier than ever. Get to your audiologist. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Glad that your hearing aids have helped you immensely. I have tried some hearing aids from my audiologist when I first got tinnitus but it didn't help reduce my T. Are there any differences between ordinary hearing aids and this Starkey one specifically for tinnitus and have your tried other brands before Starkey? Also, is your tinnitus the type with very high pitch, or with a low humming? My audiologist said I have hearing loss in the high frequency, thus my T is ultra high pitch like a dentist drill with 10 times the pitch.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Robert Springer

Robert Springer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck injury
      Hi, GregCA & billie48,

I don't have my paper work handy to tell you the model number, the hearing aid itself says, ZSeries Starkey.
      The hearing aid is made specifically for tinnitus, and is rather new on the market, maybe 2 years or so. The audiologist can adjust it specifically to match the pitch of your noise. My tinnitus is his frequency, primarily LOUD.
      Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1