Hey All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ShawnK, May 26, 2019.

1. ShawnK

ShawnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1995 (approx)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      Hey guys and gals,

Was doing a bit of reading after a tv show suggested a way to relieve symptoms and came across your site.

I have had tinnitus for over 20 years now, got it by doing all the fun things you do in grunts (shooting and blowing shit up), ex-military (retired, not by choice, due to injuries).

I know there is currently no cure, but a few different sites recommended this place to keep up to date on any research, so here I am.

2. Lucifer

Lucifer Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
    3. Yuri_ol
      Curious

Yuri_ol Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Is your tinnitus loud?
      Does it depress you?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ShawnK

ShawnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1995 (approx)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      My T is very loud. Unfortunately, the pain from my other injuries makes it seem as one of the lesser worries I have.

That being said, it is very bloody annoying when I am trying to relax, or speak with someone.

5. jay777

jay777 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzo/ headphones
      @ShawnK
      What sound do you hear?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ShawnK

ShawnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1995 (approx)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Military
      A loud ringing, pretty much exactly the one the bastards at Hollywood throw in all the movies every time someone gets shellshock … it makes mine instantly worse any time I hear it.

7. JohnFox

JohnFox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Sudden loss of 100% hearing R ear with Tinnitus
      Thank you for your service, and sorry for your lingering injuries and Tinnitus. There is all kinds of tinnitus. From my experience, the type you are dealing with (a loud ringing caused by noise exposure), can often be masked pretty well for sleeping, by utilizing a white noise machine at night. There are many different options available to dial in the particular white noise that will fit your T. Not sure if sleep is an issue with yourself, but it's really a bummer to fear going to bed know that the T will be your bedmate. White noise may help.