Hey All!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jesseslash, Jun 20, 2014.

1. jesseslash
      Fine

jesseslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I'm new to the TT board, but certainly not to T; stumbled upon a reference to it while lurking over on the Yuku site, where I've been a member since '08. Used to be very active on that site when I was really suffering.

It's just weighing on my heart to see so many suffering. My .02c - you can move on. I have! It was horrible. Everything I've seen on this site: supplement searching, clinical trials, TRT, Neuromonics, Mindfullness, etc. just makes my heart ache to see the suffering. For me, it was time and what Dr. Nagler refers to as habituation. My T still blares at an "unable to mask at 75dB" (that, from the University of Iowa Tinnitus Clinic), but it no longer has me. Not even close.

As a newbie to this site my words of encouragement for those who truly suffer, are that you are made of stronger stuff than Tinnitus! Much stronger!

Peace,
      Jesse

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Thankyou Jesse,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write words of encouragement.

With the onset of t, it is difficult to imagine ever habituating to such an intrusive noise, but my brain will eventually learn to ignore it.

Thankyou again. It means a lot to me that people like you take the time to come back and show support.

deb

3. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      welcome!

75db... oh my god...

• Creative Creative x 1
    4. Rhea
      Volatile

Rhea Member

Tinnitus Since:

75db...wow....I estimate mine at about 45db and thought that was bad enough! I salute you.

Jesse - would you mind sharing how you got your T also if it has changed at all over the years?

thanks x

5. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I applaud you for being able to overcome the suffering:) Hopefully you will be able to provide others with valuable tips!

6. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hey Stina!! Good to see on TT!! Hope you are well. Missed ya! :)

7. Jeff M.
      Breezy

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Good stuff Jesse!! :welcomesignanimation: Glad you joined us here on TT!! Your positive feedback is much needed to many!! Thanks for sharing and encouraging!! (y)

Jeff

:rockingbanana:

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jesseslash
      Fine

jesseslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi Rhea,

I developed T over the years in large part due to lots of heavy metal concerts and lots of ear infections because of all the time I spent in the ocean. Until '08 it was minor. I had ear surgery in August of '08 and had an ossicle prosthesis placed behind my eardrum. My T went through the roof then and I went nuts for about a year. Lost all kinds of weight, cried a lot, surfed the net for days at a time looking for anything that might help. I stumbled on the Yuku site and found a community of suffers like me. Among them was Dr. Nagler, whom I've had the good fortune of speaking with. He led me to an amazing TRT practitioner who helped lead me out of the darkness.

Today, I'm back to "normal" and living a full and happy life. The T still roars but I just flip an aural finger at it and go on my way.

I'm not here to engage in anything but encouragement. If there's one thing that I'm thankful for in having T is that if I can help by virtue of my experience, it's my privilege to do so.

Jesse

• Like Like x 2
    9. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Thanks, Jessie, you made my day!.Take care!

• Like Like x 1