Hey Everyone, I'm Suffering from Anxiety, Depression & Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by frankm85, Feb 7, 2022.

1. frankm85

frankm85 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      My name is Frank. About 11-12 years ago I suffered from terrible anxiety and panic disorders which brought on depression. Along the way I got tinnitus. It was hell. But I got over it. I had all the tests done of course to rule everything out and in the end I know it was my anxiety.

Anyways here I am years later. Going through the anxiety and depression again. I live in Buffalo so it's probably seasonal. But my tinnitus is really bothering me now. The point I'm making is I get this cycle in my head that it's always just more than depression and anxiety, that I think the worst, that maybe it's a tumor or something crazy.

I don't know if anyone reads this but if they do I just want to know I'm not the only one out there who gets these crazy thoughts, and I guess I just need some reassuring that during depression and anxiety our mind does crazy stuff to make our head hear these sounds.

I'm doing much better than I was a few weeks ago. I guess I'm here just pleading or looking for support. A lot of people who don't suffer from tinnitus say "it's just a noise, you will be fine". That's the worst. Anyways, I appreciate any feedback. Thank you all. I'm a nurse and trust me, we are all in this together.

• Hug Hug x 6
    2. makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just letting you know your message has been seen, and that you are not the only person who sometimes thinks the worst. I occasionally get worried about tumours etc, but I just remind myself that it’s extremely unlikely.

Anxiety can do strange things to a person. How are you now? I hope you’re feeling a little bit better.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    3. Phendran
      Benevolent

Phendran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello.

I read your post as well. I hope you're doing even better when you read this.

It really is crazy, this. Who would have thought phantom-sounds would even be a thing? Being anxious is just natural in connection to this.

Hoping for better times for us all.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum @frankm85. You have my empathy as I also have been a victim of anxiety and panic disorder for decades prior to the tinnitus and hyperacusis. I also suffered PTSD too so I know the sufferings from these ailments. Yes they can surely trigger or aggravate the tinnitus as often the limbic nerves take over during those days of anxiety and high stress, causing the ringing to intensify. Depression is often inevitable when the brain feels no way out of the sufferings. I suffered nightmare from the onset of the tinnitus and tinnitus so much so I never thought I could recover to feel my good life again.

But today I do live a normal and enjoyable life. In my success story "From Darkness to Light..." I share some helpful strategies. Try reading more success stories to give you hope and learn some good strategies from others.

Take good care. God bless your recovery.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      frankm85

frankm85 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2011
      I seriously appreciate these comments. Thank you all. It makes me happy that there is compassionate people out there. I am a nurse and I just want to go back to work. I am doing better. But seriously these comments help. Thank you. We are all in this together.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 2