Hey Everyone, I'm Sylvia — A Humming Head for About Four Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sylvia, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Member

...well, I've been dealing with tinnitus for more than four years and, well, some days are better than others. It's a bit disheartening to know those close to you can't grasp the amplified hysteria... so, I'm glad I found this site!

• Like Like x 2
    2. Welcome Sylvia, I hope you can find some things that help with your tinnitus. We have a great bunch of people here.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sylvia

Sylvia Member

Thanks for the warm welcome Warren, hope your 'noise level' is low today! :)

4. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Welcome from me too! :) I did configure an automated new conversation with anyone who registers, so you probably got that, so let this be me welcoming you the second time.

Four years is a long time. Especially for a young person like you (I presume it's you in your avatar?). I'm only at the over 1 year mark and if anything it feels like a long ride for even me.

Do you know what started your humming, can you attribute it to anything specific? From what you wrote, I take it has gradually gotten a bit worse ("it's gotten quite high")? That's one of the things I fear, and I suspect most of us do. If we get to live a long life, then it's expected tinnitus might at least be perceived louder, since the general hearing is deteriorating. Hearing aids at that point help many with tinnitus though.

Best wishes,
      Markku

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sylvia

Sylvia Member

Thanks for the warm welcome Markku!

Yeas, that's my pic and these past four years have definitely been chaotic and a definite learning experience with myself and how to handle anxiety and all that comes with tinnitus.
      Perhaps the first year is the toughest, getting into the groove of your tinnitus, lol so, sorry you're dealing with that I know it's galling, but thanks for such a great site!

I had ringing on and off but one day I noticed the perpetual ringing and asked everyone around me, "can you hear that?" of course no one could hear it so, I figured I was the only crazy one lol.
      I'm not sure what caused it, perhaps all the wonderful concerts I went to but my ENT doc was baffled too, he let me know I had nerve damage, hearing loss etc.

That was two years ago.

I'd say about a week ago or so, I noticed my usual ringing increased /;
      - that's been tough on me, perhaps it's stress and my little one yelling. I'm taking some natural medication... so, I'll wait and hear lol.

Thank you again Markku :)