Hey I'm New Here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by WaqasVic, Aug 9, 2017.

1. WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is way different than all of you , ask me how
      My Name is Waqas you can call me vic, my tinnitus started 5 years ago, it was mild and panicky, I traveled a lot in those days and my tinnitus got down to 0, now after 2 more years it came back with a bang, here is my pattern:

1- Loud on the left side always
      2- One day it's there next day it's 0 or very mild
      3- Loudest in the morning
      4- When i open my jaw wide, it gets louder, when I put pressure on my upper teeth with lower teeth it gets from 10 to 1
      5- My tinnitus does not affect me much when I am tired
      6- I can sleep good no matter how loud my tinnitus is
      7- Happens in my right ear whenever my neck is stiff
      8- Tried supplements but nothing helped, about to try Xanax and the chamomile tea :)
      9- it is not 24/7 but sometimes it is zero not even there or very very low
      10- when I push the part that connects my jaw and ear (the end area of the ear) my tinnitus goes from 10 to 1
      11- chewing gum helps me a lot, white noise helps me a lot
      12- that Reddit palm trick helps me a lot but for few seconds
      13- ice cream and coffee are my enemy
      14- exercising neck and jaw did not help (my tinnitus started after I started exercise and chewing gum a lot), not ever been to ENT or the Dentist about it

well, that's about it .. oh and whenever I am very busy or focused on something else my tinnitus is zero ..

anyone having similar stuff?

lots of people say that I should get my jaw and teeth checked as I need fillings in my left end teeth plus I have my wisdom tooth still inside my mouth lol?

pardon for the bad English, it's not my first language, and any tips would be appreciated :)

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      These two quoted statements of yours really contain the tips or secrets of success living with tinnitus. If you can keep good sleep, and if you don't hear T when you are busy, you are already way ahead of many members here who are suffering badly. Living with T, it is important to stay calm and positive to prevent the limbic nervous system taking over, which will cause us to function in fight or flight mode and make T a lot worse that it is. So keep doing the good stuffs, living a healthy life style, eat well, sleep well, and staying engaged with life. The rest is up to mother time to heal. If you need more help, then consider CBT, TRT, mindfulness meditation, etc. Take good care. God bless.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Welcome @WaqasVic. I was going to reply, but I think @billie48 said it all:

That is some of the best advice you will get on this topic.

I wish you well and hope you find everything you need here on this forum.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you so much :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you . I will manage it good . But it sure is annoying at some points . Anyways I will keep your words in my head :)

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One thing is forgot to mention whenever I get a tinnitus attack I automatically start clenching my teeth as a habbit :(

7. Carlyi
      Blah

Carlyi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Try not to do this because this might increase the T. I clench my teeth during the night but during the day i try to relax my jaw as much as possible. I have T. beacuse of a disbalance of my jaw muscles. I used to push my lower jaw forward all the time (bad habit) and not long after i stopped doing it i got T, the clenching problably didn't help either.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      WaqasVic
      Artistic

WaqasVic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I do it automatically may be because when I clench my teeth it creates tinnitus and it mixxes up with the noise as a masker . But my t is very much related to the jaw its volume goes loud when I open my mouth and it gets very low when I push my lower teeth to uper front ones . My T is weird :( lol