Hi Everybody

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Andy Rehfeldt, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Andy Rehfeldt

Andy Rehfeldt Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1987
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      My name is Andy Rehfeldt. I'm a musician. Some of you might have seen some of my popular YouTube videos, where I change musical genres.
      Anyway, I'm here because I have severe tinnitus, which affects me almost everyday. For over 20 years I played 4 hour sets in bars without wearing earplugs, and now I'm paying for it. My ears feel like all the eardrum follicles have broken off. So I wear earplugs now, I even have to wear them when I'm only playing a piano( the midrange notes make my ears ring more). In fact, any loud noise makes my ears ring more!

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Andy Rehfeldt
      In my opinion Andy you need to reduce the amount of time you're around loud music. Even though you are wearing earplugs, if the external sound is loud enough, it can still cause irritation to the inner ear and transfered through the Mastoid bone, which is the hard piece of bone behind each ear. It is honycombed with air pockets. If you contiue with what you're doing it's a possibilty your tinnitus will become worse. Sorry to sound so sobering.
      Michael

3. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      Second that, i would really consider taking some time off from playing (loud) music if i were you, and be really vigilant in louder environments (train, airplane, bus, heavy traffic,...)

Cool youtube channel though, lots of extreme metal covers :)