Hi folks Simon

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by chamferman, Oct 16, 2013.

1. chamferman
      Musical

chamferman Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/ 2013
      Hello Folks
      Hope my first message finds you all with your tinnitus at the lowest level possible.
      My name is Simon, and I live in Portsmouth England I am 46 years old & married with 3 girls.
      I have run my own Carpentry & Joinery Business.
      I suffered with a viral infection in June this year , which left me with significant hearing loss & T in my left ear. My T sounds like white noise at 6000hz & the noise level varies daily. Most days I hear it over everything.
      At the start I found it extremely difficult too cope with, but as time as gone by it seems to be getting easier to deal with. On the bad days I cope by masking & distracting myself as much as I can.

Have been lurking for a few months on this forum & I enjoying reading the Research threads, as its good to know there are people working on a cure.

cheers
      Simon

• Like Like x 3
    2. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      Hi Simon, I'm new here too; I joined a few minutes ago! I too live in England and have had no help whatsoever from our wonderful NHS but I get help from a craniosacral therapist and a kinesiologist helps me a lot. I think if you get everything else in your body/mind working as well as possible, it makes the stress of tinnitus easier to deal with. I try to live as normal a life as possible but when stressfull events in my life occurr, the tinnitus is always harder to deal with. Have you read and listened to the directive councelling on the TRT site? It is very good. Jonathan Hazell explains the mechanism of tinnitus and it certainly helped me.

I wish you peace, Beth.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      chamferman
      Musical

chamferman Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/ 2013
      Hello Beth
      I have been waiting since June for a NHS appointment. Haven't heard of a craniosacral therapist and a kinesiologist before, thanks for the heads up will take a look.
      I purchased the book TRT by Johnathan Hazell, but haven't got round to reading it yet. I was hoping that I might get offered TRT by the NHS, but I have read that only certain hospitals offer it & its a cut down version.

I also wish you peace as well Beth & thanks for the reply.

Simon