Hi from Sao Paulo, Brazil

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Luciane, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Luciane

Luciane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone! I'm 29 y/o and I've been coping with tinnitus since 2012.I can't find any relief although I've already seen lots of doctors. I was told I would have to deal with this problem during all my life because it cannot be cured :(

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      This is a great place to get information and techniques to help manage it. Read through all of the posts if you haven't already, mostly the success stories. We are all here with you and in this together. We have a lot of people here with a lot of unique experiences. Maybe, give us some background on what you have tried and we can see if we can help.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Sara_Bond
      Cool

Sara_Bond Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @Luciane

Welcome to TT. It's a bit exhausting isn't it?

What have you tried to accept it? CBT, masking...?

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      ENTs and doctors generally don't know how to treat T. You may want to read the treatment or alternative treatment sections on TT for some updated info on treatments which work for some people.

Saying that, having T can still have a good life. It may take some time to get there but good life can be back. A few years back I was in horror hell with my ultra high pitch T and piercingly hurtful hyperacusis. I never thought I could recover and live a good life again. But today I live an absolutely enjoyable life. So don't worry about the future. It can be good if you follow some good strategies.

For helping to reduce the impact of T, members here often recommend some good supplements, such as NAC, Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3, etc., and reduce intake of salt, sugar, MSG, caffeine, alcohol etc. You may also want to help yourself to get more sleep. Sleep deprivation is one sure way to fire up T. Get some bed time masking such as a sound machine or a sound pillow etc., so you can fall asleep better.

Instead of sleep or anti-anxiety meds from the doctor, you can try natural alternatives such as Catnip, Valerian, Hops, Passion Flower, Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, Melatonin etc. You can google search each of them to know their use and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for sleep problem:

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...alth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/

Have you tried some masking yet for your T?

• Like Like x 2
    5. Rosie_Rose
      Balanced

Rosie_Rose Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1989? Maybe longer
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Accident
      @Luciane - Hello and although I've just joined this forum - what a great group of knowledgeable people! I'm reading so much about things I never knew about on T (and I've had T for a long time). As @RB2014 says - focus on the success stories. When you have T you need to stay positive to cope.

6. dragonjax

dragonjax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, @Luciane - I first got tinnitus in 2012 too! We're practically sisters! :)

Yeah, it's been frustrating with doctors for me, too, so far. But I have hope that as long as I keep trying to find answers, one day I'll get ones that work for me. I hope you will too.