Hi, I'm In Too

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by StanleyX, Jan 4, 2017.

1. StanleyX

StanleyX Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      playing a trumpet while having ETD
      Hi all,

my tinnitus started in march 2016, while I was ill having sinusitidis practising trumpet. WHile playing, my left ear got overlaid, I went to doctor, he gave me some antiallergic pills, diagnosed ETD..

Within 2 weeks my ear went back to normal, but the tinnitus started to occur.. I was at MRI, they found nothing.

Anyone with similar problems? First 3 months with tinnitus were the worst, when i heard the sound of bursting water for instance - in shower, ear got overlaid, I was very frustrated.... also, in my tinnitus affected ear (6kHz beep), I hear sounds distorted...

21y.o.

Thanks for reading ;) :(

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. From your description, your T seem to come from the sinus infection and ETD or that the drug you took may be ototoxic. But there are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including drug reaction or side-effects, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear wax build up, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, grief for the loss of love ones, untreated sleep apnea, elevated stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc.

Also when the T is new, it can be quite unstable and unpredictable. It can morph into different symptoms. It is often said that the ears may take 6 months to 18 months to settle down. So in the mean time, try mask your T so you won't get too stressed by its ringing.

• Winner Winner x 1