Hi, I'm Mar and I Have Tinnitus Too! It's Been 6 1/2 Years Now. Also, I Have Occipital Neuralgia.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Marbou, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Marbou

Marbou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      These 2 things together is a painful process. It's hard to talk about, it makes the tinnitus worse. I've been a member for a while now but haven't introduced myself. Maybe that is a denial that this has happened to me. I do read the stories that all of the members post. Sometimes it helps to know that you aren't alone in this. I think it is great that there is a forum to share these experiences. Thank you all for sharing.

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Marbou ,
      A warm welcome to the TT forum and glad you decided to post.
      Getting support and making friends really helps through good and bad times.
      love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marbou

Marbou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Thanks for the warm welcome! I believe you are correct about sharing Glynis.

• Like Like x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks for introducing yourself even you have been here a while. Sharing our feelings and knowing you are not alone will help reduce our stress and anxiety level which when high are bad for tinnitus. Also learning some helpful strategies from others will also help. Welcome again and thanks for sharing. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marbou

Marbou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Thanks Billie48, looking forward to participating

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Margaret21

Margaret21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Marbou, how are you doing? I’m suffering from tinnitus, occipital neuralgia and tmj disorder. My worst is the tinnitus. I keep wondering if they are all related as I never had these 3 things. This all started after ankle surgery for a fall I had in 2017. It’s been a series of symptoms that started while recovering from surgery. I have more symptoms such as right hand gets numb through the night, constant headaches, sensitivity to light, the sharp nerve pain that get the back of my right eye, neck always cracks and with pain and lot more of symptoms going into 2 years like this. The tinnitus being the worst of all. Thanks for posting and sharing your experience.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marbou

Marbou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Sorry that you are suffering too. Yes, I think no they are all related and effect each other. I also think that the barometric pressure effects it. Is an approaching storm, or a storm that is leaving. For me low pressure is better. Your timing in answering my post is interesting. I was getting some severe headaches and going to the neurologist for shots in my head. This usually made the tinnitus worse. My point though is in December of last year, I wound up having a heart attack. Since then I have had a few headaches, much milder than before. Nothing compared to what I used to get. I wondered if that all had to do with 2 clogged arteries. Maybe check it out, just in case (you should be concerned about that arm that gets numb). Even though I am doing better, unfortunately the tinnitus is still going strong. I wish you good luck and good health.
      Mary

8. Margaret21

Margaret21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi Mary, thank you so much for responding. I am glad to know you are doing better. Very big scare with the heart attack. Same here, it’s a huge challenge to deal with this constant noise in our heads then develop other health issues on top of that. I wish you all my best in good health.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marbou

Marbou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Thank you and the very beset of health to you too! Hopefully one day the tinnitus will go away for all of us.
      Just want to mention that my heart attack symptoms were jaw pain, headache and back pain. Because of the headaches and tmj I didn't know I was having a heart attack, luckily my husband called an ambulance.
      Good luck to you and tell all the women you care for that there are no chest pains most of the time if a woman is having a heart attack.

10. Margaret21

Margaret21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Oh my goodness. I will share this great advice. Glad you are better. Thanks again and warm regards to you!