HI I'm new and I have a question...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Will, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Will
      Tolerant

Will Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      back in September of 2013, I listened to my music on my ipod, with those horrid ear buds, cranked to the max. After I was done and unplugged myself I noticed the ringing didn't stop, like most I flipped, I was worried and looked up what was wrong. Many ppl said it could take some time for the ringing to stop, so I eventually forced myself to sleep. Next morning It seemed like it was gone, I went through the whole day just like my old self, but come night time I noticed ringing, but not like it was the night before. Now, I have heard ringing before in my life, like when I got in the car, or were just in a quite room and it didn't bother me. But, my real question is, is it possible to have loud ringing in the ears for some hours and have it go down, but not to the same level it use to be in the past, like a little higher than before?

2. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Hello Will! I think your ears can be more irritated for a couple of hours and then go down:) Its the same with my ( in my case they tend to ring more when I am tired or stressed or think about it). My story is actually similar to your. I also listened to my MP3 cranked to the max with earplugs, but for years (around 10 years maybe?) Never had any complaints after listening to it. I quit listening in Oct 2013 and on the 17th of November developed T for no apparent reason but I guess it was from the loud music (noise-induced hearing loss). I first noticed my T at night. Searched the whole apartment to see where it came from until I closed my ears and realized it is coming from my head.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Will
      Tolerant

Will Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2013
      thanks for the respond Stina :) T can be a very confusing and complicated thing for me and I'm sure also for everyone. It's kinda weird that something that's just a sound in your head can so easily run our lives. Sometimes I feel guilty for feeling this bad when there are other ppl out there who have it worse than I do. Just months ago I was just a regular guy, with a normal life, who was just going to listen to his music like always and my life changed with the press of a play button. Sometimes it's just a noise, sometimes it's a screaming annoyance,but I have hope. I think I'm on the path of getting used to this and also I have the hope of a cure. When T isn't annoying as hell, it's interesting to read about from professionals and their search for a cure. I think we are close to it, in my opinion the only way else to go from here is up. It's like a puzzle, all it takes is just the right piece.