Hi, I'm New Here and Have Had Constant Ringing in One Ear for a Couple of Years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Austin1789, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Austin1789
      Supportive

Austin1789 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/24/2014
      I was looking on the web and found this forum, it seems like a good place to get support and more info on tinnitus. Alright, so I'm almost 20 years old and ever since 10/24/2014 or around there I've had ringing in only my left ear. It's a high pitched noise that sounds like the noise from the old tvs. It's not too bad although it does worry me and I have a ENT appointment in a few weeks. I'm just scared about what this is. Sometimes I don't notice it and other times I can't stop thinking about it. I suffer from extreme anxiety and depression along with OCD. If there is any tips you have or advice Id love to hear it

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum @Austin1789. Sorry to hear about your suffering from T. Try you best to stay calm and positive as stress and anxiety are bad for T. If you already have time you are not aware of T, that is a good sign. Take the positive and count the blessing. The more emotionally stable we are, the less intrusive T can be. So perhaps try masking to get yourself some break from the ringing when it makes you anxious and depressed. Have you tried masking your T yet? Also taking some supplements such as NAC, Magnesium, Zinc, B12, D3 etc. may help your T. Try to also stay away from excess salt, sugar, caffeine, MSG etc. Make sure you have good sleep. If you need some supplements for sleep, consider Melatonin, Hops, Valerian tablets, Chamomile tea etc. Also try to read many success stories. They can help you keep calm and have hope. You also learn good insights from others how to get better. Here is my success story if you are interested to read how I got better from my ultra high pitch dog whistle T and severe hyperacusis. Take good care and God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

There is also a good thread from TT to help sufferers. It has masking sounds and links to useful info about T. Check it out when you have time.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Austin1789
      Supportive

Austin1789 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/24/2014
      I really appreciate the advice, thank you so much for the kind words and I read your story in glad I'm not the only one suffering with anxiety and T. I have tried suppressing it by using headphones and trying to ignore it. I have not taken any supplements but I will definitely check them out. Thank you so much for your support

-Austin1789

4. Rintintin
      Frantic

Rintintin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music and head injury
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Austin1789
      Supportive

Austin1789 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/24/2014
      Thank you for the link, I'll be sure to get some. So what my Ent Doctor had to say was that tinnitus can be stress related and hat the more you think of it the more it will seem to get worse. She did remove a large amount of earwax from the ear that had tinnitus but if I listen carefully I can still hear it and the more I worry about it or focus on it the worse it becomes. I have not had a MRI yet but if it does not get better I might have to.