Hi... Kent from Florida

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kent Peterson, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Kent Peterson

Kent Peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Hi everyone! I have had Tinnitus for 25 years! It was caused by otosclerosis and the subsequent surgery, which was done by a bad doctor in Los Angeles! It was very bad at first and I felt suicidal! I have learned to live with it, with mostly having the issue at night when it is quiet and I try to sleep. NOT downplaying other horrible diseases -but T is truly one of the worst curses you can live with. Recently, my good operation ear (done by a good doctor) over 30 years ago has started a low hum. This hum can be kicked off by motorcycles and engines especially. Anyway, glad to be part of the group.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Is it the case that you can hear your tinnitus only when it is quiet?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kent Peterson

Kent Peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Thanks for asking. No....I hear it all the time, but it is a high whooshing sound in my right ear I have learned to live with and ignore, especially during the day. The low hum started recently in my other ear and is most noticeable at night. It seems to not be that bad if I sleep in a quiet house - no outside engines or motorcycles setting it off, and HIGH CEILINGS of all things seems to help! I take Melatonin and sleep with a "Quies" wax ear plug. T has been a true curse in my life.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Welcome to the forum. Tinnitus is horrible indeed, by distracting ourselves from it, then it can be manageable. I wake up with the LOUD screaming tea kettle from hell and it is hard to not notice it, but as I do my daily routines...the mind is shifted from the sound to the activities. Keep up the good work and keep moving forward :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kent Peterson

Kent Peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Thank YOU!