Hi, My Name Is Judy.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jued0713, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Jued0713

Jued0713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late March 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss I think
      I have completely cut TV out of my life. I miss that so much. Any suggestions on how I may be able to watch a little TV? The tinnitus has gotten so much lower but I'm afraid to watch TV.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Jude,
      Welcome to Tinnitus talk,
      Just have it on low and just watch what programs you like then see how you get on...lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jued0713

Jued0713 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Late March 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss I think
      Thanks so much for the encouragement. I really needed that. Change is difficult but I know I will get there. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
    4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      If you find TV bad for your T, perhaps it is not truly the T that is the problem, but that you may have some issue with hyperacusis. Many people develop H after T, including myself. But over time, this form of H tends to fade even if T stays. That happens to me. My H was severe when it started. I couldn't stand noise of any kind, TV, restaurants, movies, parties, dish washing, not even my wife's soft voices when speaking too close. All sounds seemed too loud. Ya, I had to watch TV at the lowest of volume. I had to wear earplugs wherever I went. But forum members advised me not to overprotect from normal sounds. So slowly and grudgingly the earplugs were coming off. Then H faded within the year it started while my ultra high pitch T stays. But my body is now hardened to this T and I don't give a dime to it high or low. I now live a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. I am going fishing now. Life goes on. You will too. Stay calm and positive. Things will improve. See you all later. Take care. God bless.

5. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Yeah i can only think hypercausis would give you trouble watching the tv.

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Jued0713,

I've had a similar problem with TV. When my tinnitus first worsened 6 years ago, I all but gave up watching television, but now, I find that I can watch in small amounts. I usually position myself as far away from the TV as I can, while still being able to hear it. Also, I watch in increments of 30 minutes to 60 minutes at a time.

I have reactive tinnitus, but not hyperacusis. After watching TV, I'll go to a quiet place to let my ears rest.

Take heart, things will improve for you!! Just give it time, and patience. You'll get there!!

Hugs,
      Karen