Hi! Tinnitus Keeping Me Up at Night!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mmgannon, Jun 6, 2016.

1. mmgannon

mmgannon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi everyone. I was diagnosed with Meniere's Disease in the late 90's and with that I had severe dizzy spells, tinnitus, headaches, etc.

Things settled down for a while and I learned how to just deal with the tinnitus, which is the most frequent (every day) symptom I have. Last year I moved to hearing aids because I was having difficulty hearing voices, so my tinnitus and hearing loss had gotten worse.

In the past two weeks, my tinnitus has gotten way worse to the point where it keeps me up at night. If/When I fall asleep the tinnitus is so loud that it wakes me back up. I've tried white noise, with no luck.

There's a lot I need to read on this forum, but anyone have any quick tips on how to sleep when T is so loud? I'm willing to try just about anything.

Thanks for your help!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi mmgannon.
      I also have Menieres for many years.
      I find when I carnt sleep I listen to natural sounds but the best thing for me is listening to the Healer by Semus Bryne its so relaxing and I play it for the tinnitus group when having a session on the relaxing chairs and they love it.

Try lavender on your pillow as will help you relax and the seance of smell is a great distraction.....lots of love glynis