Hi to Everyone

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Silverbella uk, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Silverbella uk

Silverbella uk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      blocked eustacheon tube
      Hi ! my name is Lyn and I am 59 and I have had tinnitus in my right ear since Feb this year due to blocked Eustachian tube. Its been hell , I have been to GP 3 times and now have referral to ENT consultant. I am in England. I had a buzzing over my head which was horrendous at first but I kind of began in last week or so to accept. I also found it lessened when I am up and about but cranked up if I am sitting down. But last two days the sound has changed to a low thrumming am so tired and run down. this new noise is loud and keeps me awake. I just cant accept this horrible condition . I am trying to keep positive for my family but its so hard at times . regards to you all :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Silverbella uk ,
      Tinnitus can change in sound and strength but hope will settle down to a base sound and less fluctuation.
      Try steam inhalation with hot water in a bowl and towel over your head to unblock your tubes as should help move any unwanted mucous.
      ...lots of love glynis

Keep posting on the main forums for support...

3. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Silverbella uk,

Welcome to Tinnitus Talk! I agree with Glynis' suggestion to use steam inhalation to see if it will unblock your Eustachian tubes. It may take some time, but keep at it, and see if it will work for you.

Please know that there are many of us living with tinnitus, and that it is possible to get used to the sound over time. Each individual case is different; some of us take longer to habituate than others. But it really does improve with time.

Take care, and please keep us posted on how you're doing. We're here to help and support you, and I'll be interested to hear if the sound improves for you as your Eustachian tubes clear.

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Silverbella uk

Silverbella uk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      blocked eustacheon tube
      Hi Thanks for your supportive replies I will try the steaming, Glynis. its just so nice not to feel alone Warm regards Lyn

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome. You are on the right track with acceptance. Yes, it is hard at the beginning to accept such a horrendous condition. The brain won't want to accept that.That is why we need to play a smart game with the brain, which I call acceptance in stages or phased acceptance.

I learn this concept from dealing with anxiety/panic disorder for decades. Anxiety and panic attack symptoms are harsh. But if we refuse to accept them, there will be more attacks. So we learn acceptance in stages. We will say, 'I accept that I have a hard time to accept the symptoms, but I know I will get better at accepting them over time'. This will remove a lot of the mental burden from the brain and with that less stress and anxiety. Likewise I did the same about accepting the horrendous suffering from T. This in turn will help lower T or make it more manageable.