Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jack Brazil, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello, my name is Jack and I'm 15. I live in Ireland and have tinnitus for a few months now. I honestly can't remember exactly when...but it was around October or November. It's a high pitched ringing and is mainly in my left ear...but is starting in my right now. I went to my doctor two weeks ago and told her about it. ( I went when I first got it but she didn't really say anything about it). Between the two visits it went for about two weeks but then came back. Anyways, when I went up the second time, she checked both my ears and asked if I had any headaches or pain (which I dont). She said it was just stress as I was in the middle of exams and my dad passed away a few weeks before after a short illness....One night I got curious and googled about the tinnitus and said it could be an acoustic neuroma..and that's made me more stressed.....I was just wondering if anyone else has had their tinnitus start off like this and if anyone has any tips for me....
      Thanks, Jack

2. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      @Jack Brazil, usually with acoustic neuroma you also have unilateral hearing loss and tinnitus.
      Did you have your hearing checked ?
      Acoustic neuroma are very rare, I have practiced medicine in USA for 36 years and I only had 3 patients !
      Have your gp send you to ent for evaluation,
      Stress is probably the cause, don't listen to loud music till you have a clear diagnosis.
      I am very sorry about your dad.
      Dominic

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @Dominic1955 Thanks Dominic, she told me to wait until the end of the summer to see if it goes...I don't want to make them think I'm a hypochondriac but I think I'll ask to be safe

• Agree Agree x 1