Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kerrie Weaver, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kerrie Weaver
      Cold

Kerrie Weaver Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I'm Kerrie

I've found myself here after looking at the Antinitus website and like I presume the rest of you hoping to find some respite from the party (not the kind I would like to be invited to ) that is currently going off in both my ears.
      I have been prescribed hearing aids for both ears, that initially worked brilliantly as i stopped listening to the sounds inside my head, as the sounds outside where much clearer. Recently this is not so effective.

I also suffer from depression, and trying to psychoanalyse myself, can't make my mind up if the depression kicks the Tinitus off or the other way around. :dunno:

Anyhoo i'm sick and tired of it! so going to have a poke around to see if anyone has any good advice for me to gain some respite..

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      So after checking out the Antinitus website, you googled for some more information and found us?

Great!

:welcomesignanimation:

Do you take any antidepressants for your depression? I'm not sure how effective self-psychoanalysis is... have you talked with a qualified psychologist/therapist?

I have suffered from a low mood recently myself, probably due to SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), and just bought a SAD lamp.

Anyway, we have a nice gang here. It might not be an enjoyable ride with tinnitus, but at least here you have people sharing your pain, supporting you and giving advice.

Markku

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Markku ,I'd give you a hug to but not able to put 2 up ,so reading your post and having SAD so here a hug from me to you today .Go and have a listen to Karens ,Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life ,and have a singalong .
      I do from time to time .Best wishes Marlene

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kerrie Weaver
      Cold

Kerrie Weaver Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi Markku

Yes i do take antidepressants. I had a spell off them this year, but have recently been prescribed them again after noticing my mood lowering. I feel a little deflated to be back on them, but its a step back to make strides forward hopefully. I am positive my low mood comes from not being able to concentrate due to the dreaded T...

Looking forward to sharing and caring. :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Kerrie ( my daughters name to spelt with a y )
      Markku is right to what a good lot of people on this site with T and suffer other conditions depression ,anxiety ,etc all walking in your shoes daily .What T is best at . Always someone will answer any questions you have ,and come up with sound tips to coping . Hope you have a good read through the threads ,learn a few things that you'd not known. I certainly have ,Good luck ,glad your on board TT train .look forward to your postings on TT to .
      I see you have had T as long as I have .I look back ,can't believe how those years have gone by .
      Best wishes Marlene

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Welcome, Kerrie! We're glad you found us at Tinnitus Talk, and hope we can offer information and support that is helpful to you. It looks like you've had tinnitus for a long time, and I can definitely understand why you still have some depression. I guess most of us with tinnitus have it at some point in our journey. For me, it was at its worst in the very beginning, and has improved since then. I tried hearing aids, too, but they didn't really help. For me, they seemed to amplify my tinnitus (I have both tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus), so I ended up taking them back.

Sorry you have to take antidepressants, but hopefully they will help you get feeling better again. If you want to eventually get off the antidepressants and try a natural supplement, I'd recommend holy basil or pharma GABA, both of which helped me when I was going through the worst of my depression.

As Marlene suggested, I have the song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" set up on my profile page. You're welcome to check it out, and sing along, if you'd like!! That song always cheers me up when I'm down.

Best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    7. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Karen ,hope your keeping well .Im up with you on the natural supplements ,I'm on the Bs myself and Magnessium ,going to add niacin to them to ,more for anxiety ,not helped with my balance but I live in hopes maybe will get the right thing for that one of these fine days .God willing .
      I love your song ,I'm often humming away to it out of nowhere .Its a right catchy song .Love it
      Stay well .God Bless xx

8. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks, Marlene! I'm glad you're enjoying that song, and that it brings a little bit of happiness to the forum. I've recently started taking niacin again, and I think it might help a little bit with tinnitus. Magnesium really helps with calming, too. Please do let me know how the niacin works for you. Take care!!

Kerrie, I hope you're able to find some information here that will help you. Please do keep us posted on how you're doing.

Very best wishes and hugs,
      Karen

• Hug Hug x 3
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kerrie Weaver
      Cold

Kerrie Weaver Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thank you Marlene. I feel at home already..I have only just begun taking the anti depressants again, but will look into the herbal remedies you mentioned. I cant believe for how long i have been suffering i never thought to look for support from an online forum before. My GP and consultant have limited knowledge and little to no advice to give,so to have found that there are treatments that could help from you is a huge leap forward for me.
      I also suffer with dizzyness, with 3-4 good room spins a day. My GP simply shrugs his shoulders when I mention how debilitating this feels, and has offered no reason or support. I had an MRI to rule out anything nasty, and was tipped upside down and had my head snapped from side to side, but as the consultant could not replicate the dizzy spells was told its probably just something I have to live with.To say I feel let down by the health service is an understatement.

Thank you again
      Kerrie x

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Kerrie,

Have your doctors tested you for Meniere's disease? That is a condition that involves dizziness/vertigo, fullness in ears, etc. We have several threads on here about Meniere's. Here is one of them that you might want to join in on:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/posts/76887/

I don't have Meniere's myself, but the people here who do could give you more information about what it is like, and how they are coping with it.

Take care,
      Karen

• Like Like x 2
    11. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Kerrie ,glad your here to ,it's an isolating condition ,which we've all on TT Drs don't know how to treat us ,the threads show that up .Try the vitamins out ,Karen and Jim have said the same. Lots take Vits these days ,foods best ,but with all the chemical sprayed on veggies these days ,don't know if that's good as they say to do .i don't buy fruit or veg that's not in it's rightful season ,that's just me .
      I to suffer from the balance and T ,mine began 3 yrs ago this month ,out of nowhere ,mine is the Rocking/ Swaying motion ,I deal with that daily .Ive not found answer to that either ,plenty on TT with that and like me still wanting the cure to it ,I've had ear fullness for 9 yrs since I got a virus and my T went off the scale,it changed and never went back to the low hiss,to what I use to ignore .
      I've not been to a dr since last Feb ,just gave up ,although I've got a good female Dr ,who I trust completley ,know she would like to see me better .Good soul .
      There's a good booklet i have ,it's free 22 pages ,from the Brain and Spine Foundation .well worth getting it ,found a lot of information explained on the balance ,shows you various exercises to do at home .
      Were get there eventually Kerrie ,not on your own ,lots here will help if they can ,clever bunch I've found ,they've given it a lot of thought ,and boy do they come up with good threads ,so keep looking in .
      God Bless just key board taps away okay .xxx
      Ps ,got an aunt who lived at Wilford Hill Notts for years,now here in Dorset with family .

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1