High Frequency Buzz for 2 Weeks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gorirasan, Aug 14, 2017.

1. gorirasan
      Ape-like

gorirasan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So I enduring these high frequency buzz (pretty similar or maybe above the 15 kHz sound that I heard on a test on Youtube) and I am honestly finding very hard to deal with it. I hear it all time and it is in fact more like a loud old CRT TV on my head than an a buzzing.

I went to an ENT 5 days ago and he prescripted me some predinisone and ginkgo biloba, but with no effects. In 3 days I am doing a exam with an audiologist to see if I have some kind of hearing loss but I don't think so. The panic is really killing me, I am feeling really hopeless and without a will to live.

2. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Welcome @gorirasan.

Try not to worry, it may seem like it, but tinnitus is not the end of the world. Feeling frightened, and panicked it very common, especially when first afflicted with tinnitus.

First, let me share some, potentially, good news.

@Bill Bauer wrote the following post discussing studies that show a fairly high recovery rate from tinnitus ( https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-over-70-recover-3-studies.21441/ )

Then, if you have not yet, read the following article from @Michael Leigh :
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-a-personal-view.18668/

I would also recommend searching out other articles by him as he possesses a lot of knowledge on the subject and has written a number of informative pieces on various subjects related to tinnitus.

To help with the hopelessness and panic, I would read through the success stories, where you will see many people who have overcome their tinnitus. You may also want to look for posts by @Bobbie7, @billie48, and @glynis; each have commended on the benefits of remaining calm. when coping with tinnitus.

And, most importantly, you are here now. This forum is filled with numerous kind, supportive, and sympathetic people who understand what you are going through because they have or are going through the same thing, or something very similar. We are always here, and someone will always respond, so when you are feeling panicked, to that you are losing the will to live, come here, post how you are feeling, and let us support you and hep you through this. You don't have to fight this alone. There area lot of us here, we can help you beat this together.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gorirasan
      Ape-like

gorirasan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yesterday at night I stayed a little more calm after a cup of tea, but today I am in a state of panic again. It is so loud right now...

4. Ben In SD
      Balanced

Ben In SD Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Natural Hearing Loss
      @gorirasan Hang in there. You have to give it time. I know it sucks, but you can get through it.

I also recommend reading the success stories. They definitely helped me out during the first week of dealing with this new sound.