High Pitch... Feeling Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Marie79, May 31, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I think I figured out why I might "feel" my T. I can for the most part at this point ignore the T. It isn't super loud but it is high pitch so if I can explain how it would be before I got T it would be like this super soft but VERY high pitch sound that you would want to cover your ears.

Ive been doing much better but I'm getting upset because I think this is what is making my ear hurt.

If T isn't necessarily a real sound how does it give me that sensation as if I am "feeling" it and it hurts my ear?

It also got SUPER loud last night for like 3 seconds and thank god it went away but it scared the hell out of me.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Yeah I got a really loud T the other day for a few seconds. I shook my head and it went away. Scared me. Know what your talking about .. If it stayed that loud I don't know what I would do.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Do you also feel your T? Have you had any luck habituating to that?

4. Robert44

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      I really don't feel my T.. Mine is in my head so it kind of feels a little clogged because there's a noise in there that doesn't go away. I have habituated to the T I have for the most part. I only had that really loud sound for a few seconds then it went away thank God. Don't know if I could habituate to that!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      maybe the clogged thing is what I am feeling then. Do you feel better and that you have habituated to that?

6. Robert44

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      Yes I am much better. 1st month was the hardest. I'm doing pretty good right now. Knock on wood..... It still bothers me and I worry that it can get worse. kind of depressing sometimes

• Like Like x 1
    7. Jamie m
      Loved

Jamie m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      That's fleeting T . I just got mine like 20 minutes ago! Scary! But glad you're coping better! Some times I feel my ears hurting but for some odd reason the pain I am feeling I think it's making my ears heal. And that helps my aniexty.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Do you mean that T goes very very pitched like you can feel it all over your head? Yes, this is what my T is actually like. I hate that sensation and I could do anything to get rid of it.

• Useful Useful x 1
    9. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      after a week of pretty much peace, I'm back to the dog whistle sound that pierces my eardrums. physical pain. I do not believe its hyperacusis though - plates, etc don't bother me at all. just this shrill at 13khz. #joy

tips are welcome. its impossible to mask so sleep is suffering.

10. hartje5
      Wishful

hartje5 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Verapamil, Flecainide, Apixaban, stress
      My T is really bad today as well. Extremely high pitch.
      Had that few seconds 'level up' a few month ago. It louder than I could have ever imagined it to be. Scared the hell out of me. But hasn't lasted thank god.

11. Katvanallen

Katvanallen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/3/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Marie79 I feel the same way to so high pitched and I swear I can feel it. Found anything to help?

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hi! I was reading some of your posts. You sound a lot like me in what I was going through. I sometimes questioned myself thinking "have I always heard this??" I didn't know if it was loud or mild sometimes because even though it was mild (or is) in silence I can still make it out many times in louder circumstances.

Right now I think you are becoming hyper tuned to your situation. You are giving yourself minor hyperacusis and I think it's because you are hyper aware of high pitch noises. Give this some time. My H calmed down and the "feeling" part pretty much went away. Don't read too much about the nightmare stories of T.

I was down last night about my T and googled stories about how everyone has T in silence. I have been to so many doctors that specialize in T and you can make your T sound louder because of your fear to it. One doctor explained it to me like this (I see you are a mom so you can relate): You are in bed late at night and you hear your child whimpering EVER SO SOFTLY from across the house. You jump up and run or go quickly to see. Your husband would never hear it and you would never hear this before you had that child. A lot of this is making your brain hear this because you have made it a "fear" to listen to.

13. Katvanallen

Katvanallen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/3/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Marie79 thank you so much for replying. I feel like I'm going insane right now trying to decide how loud it is and feeling it in my head. How long have you had t? Tell me it gets better :( I'm on the verge of crying right now, and my poor kids need a strong mom.