How It All Started for Me

Discussion in 'Support' started by wishingluck, Sep 5, 2015.

1. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      my tinnitus started after I saw my dentist (I did not see a dentist for 5 years). At first I thought the tinnitus could have been caused by acoustic trauma through the drill noise. But I have been thinking more about how unnaturally I had to stretch jaw for almost an hour because the dentist had to access the very back of mouth.
      I also then developed a clicking noise when I just open mouth normally.
      Also, the mouth closes differently than before I saw dentist (two of the front teeth 'scratch' each other, and I think none of these changes were there before).

I believe there is a cause other than acoustic trauma in my case. I had two hearing tests and both doctors said 'your hearing is good', although a slight dip in right ear on very high frequencies. Yet, I have also read that we don't hear exactly the same with both ears. Also tests were different when I repeated them. To me it looks like there's no hearing loss, but I will see the doctor in 2 weeks again and ask him more precise questions. The biggest obstacle are the doctors themselves. I do not trust them, they don't care, and I will have to learn all I can about tinnitus.

Any thoughts? I wish you all the very best.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi wishing luck,
      Tempromandibular joint problems can cause tinnitus so if your dentist thinks it's the cause you can have a mouth guard made to wear at night and see if that helps as will also put your bite into the right place.
      Have a read round the forums as great advice out their ......keep posting for support.
      Tinnitus under 6 months has a good chance of going away....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      actually it's probably related to music blast :(

I was probably going through denial. But I can't be certain it's not the other things either.

• Hug Hug x 1