How Many Horror Stories Is It Going to Take???

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dubbyaman, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      Trobalt is an anti-epileptic medication. It has been used with some success (and in some cases apparently complete success) among some people here. There is a long thread under treatments. It has some pretty nasty side effects which has limited its use even for epilepsy. However, for some people those risks are with it for some reduction in T. It can be very difficult to get a prescription, and in most cases, it is neurologists who prescribe it. A primary care physician or an ENT will almost certainly not prescribe it. It seems people are able to get it without a prescription in Spain.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      as much as I agree with the gist of what you're saying, I do strongly believe that people should be allowed to legally consume more or less whatever chemicals they wish in an attempt to treat their problems. There should be informed consent and awareness of all dangers and pitfalls, but if someone with an adult understanding of the situation wants to consume trobalt (or heroin for that matter), I believe it's their right.

But, doctors are a different matter; I think it's important that "first, do no harm" is enshrined in the medical contract, and so it's not helpful for people to prescribe things that they don't believe to be proven safe/effective. So, it's complex; denying people obscure drugs in cases of severe need is problematic, and so is enabling easy access to dangerous/addictive drugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Blackbird26

Blackbird26 Member

I'll let my doc and Neuro know.

4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      What? I never said anyone posted for attention?

5. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Sorry @Telis it was not you who said for attention - my mistake apologies! It was mohamed-m who said it in the above quote and I got mixed up. Apologies for getting that wrong...