How Many of You Hear a VERY LOW-PITCHED Rumble?

Discussion in 'Support' started by wishingluck, Sep 2, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      how many of you hear a VERY LOW PITCHED rumble, instead of a hiss or something like that? It's a sub-bass frequency, like a diesel car parked nearby, with engine idle. From my understanding, the low pitched rumble is more pertinent to Meniere's Disease, but the tests done until now don't indicate that ( I have no vertigo problems at the moment, although a few months ago I remember waking up in the morning and feeling my head spinning, which I thought was really weird as it never happened before for 40 years).

Thanks for your replies and I wish you all the best.

2. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      Lucky for me I have both the low pitched one (had it for years, never was bothered by it) along with my now almost 3 years old high pitched 15kHz ring... :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I have low frequency drone! It ruined me!
      Now other sounds as well:(

• Useful Useful x 1
    4. I have the rumble, it's pretty steady and low so I just blow it off these days but during my cold it got real bad. Generally though, I can hear it and blow it off. I also have a bit of an intermittent hiss/static in my right ear and a steady tone in my left and right (more tone in my left though). I think once you become aware of your T, you start noticing every little thing and soon realize that most people have a variety of sounds in their head. I'm okay most of the time unless I start listening for it. Once I give it my attention it can be bothersome. The hiss/static is pretty high pitched and is exacerbated by air conditioner type sounds too. Yay!

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      thanks guys. Mine was only that rumble for the first 4 months, then disappeared and now I hear the hiss instead. The rumble was definitely easier to manage. :(
      All the best to you all
      WL

6. Ichigo
      Cold turkey

Ichigo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Yes, I do hear rumble sometimes. Especially after a long ride in a car or drinking alcochol.
      Also, just after my acoustic trauma it was just unbearable. It didn't change.
      Fortunately, I got medical help just in time. I still have my T. but it isn't as bothersome as it was in the beginning.

• Useful Useful x 1
    7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      I often get the rumble in the morning when I have first woken up and then sat down to meditate. It doesn't really faze me, although I'm sure I would feel differently about it if I had it 24/7.

• Useful Useful x 1
    8. Alex Senkowski
      Tolerant

Alex Senkowski Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yeah, I got the low pitch drone. It doesn't bother me. In fact, I find it quite relaxing at times.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    9. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member Ambassador Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I gave a new low pitched drown. Feels like my head is humming. Around 92 hz. It has been with me almost 24/7 these last few days. I feel like I am constantly gaining new sounds and it sucks beyond imagination. It almost feels different then regular T like the feeling you get when you let blood rush to your head. I have decided to stop trying to track all my different tones. There are so many. From 92 hz to 5 khz and beyond. They make me feel so bad.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sorry but what you mean you got medical help? Why do you think is not as bothersome, did it changed to a quieter noise? Thanks