How Many of You Hear a VERY LOW-PITCHED Rumble?

Discussion in 'Support' started by wishingluck, Sep 2, 2015.

1. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      how many of you hear a VERY LOW PITCHED rumble, instead of a hiss or something like that? It's a sub-bass frequency, like a diesel car parked nearby, with engine idle. From my understanding, the low pitched rumble is more pertinent to Meniere's Disease, but the tests done until now don't indicate that ( I have no vertigo problems at the moment, although a few months ago I remember waking up in the morning and feeling my head spinning, which I thought was really weird as it never happened before for 40 years).

Thanks for your replies and I wish you all the best.

2. Champ
      Woot

Champ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma from headphones
      Lucky for me I have both the low pitched one (had it for years, never was bothered by it) along with my now almost 3 years old high pitched 15kHz ring... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I have low frequency drone! It ruined me!
      Now other sounds as well:(

• Useful Useful x 1
    4. I have the rumble, it's pretty steady and low so I just blow it off these days but during my cold it got real bad. Generally though, I can hear it and blow it off. I also have a bit of an intermittent hiss/static in my right ear and a steady tone in my left and right (more tone in my left though). I think once you become aware of your T, you start noticing every little thing and soon realize that most people have a variety of sounds in their head. I'm okay most of the time unless I start listening for it. Once I give it my attention it can be bothersome. The hiss/static is pretty high pitched and is exacerbated by air conditioner type sounds too. Yay!

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      thanks guys. Mine was only that rumble for the first 4 months, then disappeared and now I hear the hiss instead. The rumble was definitely easier to manage. :(
      All the best to you all
      WL

6. Ichigo
      Supportive

Ichigo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Yes, I do hear rumble sometimes. Especially after a long ride in a car or drinking alcochol.
      Also, just after my acoustic trauma it was just unbearable. It didn't change.
      Fortunately, I got medical help just in time. I still have my T. but it isn't as bothersome as it was in the beginning.

• Useful Useful x 1
    7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I often get the rumble in the morning when I have first woken up and then sat down to meditate. It doesn't really faze me, although I'm sure I would feel differently about it if I had it 24/7.

• Useful Useful x 1
    8. Alex Senkowski
      Inactive

Alex Senkowski Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yeah, I got the low pitch drone. It doesn't bother me. In fact, I find it quite relaxing at times.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    9. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I gave a new low pitched drown. Feels like my head is humming. Around 92 hz. It has been with me almost 24/7 these last few days. I feel like I am constantly gaining new sounds and it sucks beyond imagination. It almost feels different then regular T like the feeling you get when you let blood rush to your head. I have decided to stop trying to track all my different tones. There are so many. From 92 hz to 5 khz and beyond. They make me feel so bad.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sorry but what you mean you got medical help? Why do you think is not as bothersome, did it changed to a quieter noise? Thanks

11. Davey998

Davey998 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad diet (I think).
      I have had high pitched tinnitus (around 8,000Hz) for about 9 months now. Two weeks ago I started having a low pitched rumble in my left ear where it feels like something is actually vibrating causing the sound. It is most notable at night which makes sleep difficult. In the presence of certain other sounds it actually goes away.
      It is not a constant sound but intermittent and does not follow any particular pattern. I really hope this goes away. I feel like I am just starting to come to terms with my high pitched sound.

12. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yup, I fit that description pretty well.