Humming That Has Started Over the Top of Ringing, Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Barn, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Barn

Barn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have has tinnitus now for nearly a year. It started out of the blue one morning (no load noises or anything) in my right ear.

Doctors all said it was infection, usuall round of antibiotics with no change. I eventually saw an ENT doctor who did steriod injections in the ear drum.

It got better as far as volume, but became a much higher pitched sound that is now either just in right ear, or both, or feels like its in my head. It will vary from all of these throughout a day.

I have started getting used to it (well on some days) but I now have a low hum started in the right ear as well.

It first happened a few months back, and would just be a few minutes at a time or days without it at all. It became more constant a few days ago, and is now there most of the time.

The main difference to the ringing is it stops if other noises are present (i.e when the fridge kicks in, or my wife is talking next to me) but jumps right back when its quiet, unlike the riniging which is there always.

Also I can feel this low hum, like its vibrating in my ear.

Wondering if anyone else has had this or can offer any experience / Advice. Thank you.

2. Suzerman

Suzerman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 october 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a mix of ETD and TMJ
      I have this too sometimes when my hissing seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure what it is. But personally I think it's our extreme focus on internal sounds, which makes us capable to hear our own blood flow rushing through our ears and head.

3. Suzerman

Suzerman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 october 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a mix of ETD and TMJ
      It can also be pressure on the ear drum, or anxiety related