Hyperacusis (TTTS?) and Tinnitus from Acoustic Shock

Discussion in 'Support' started by MattR, May 16, 2019.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MattR

MattR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2014: Mild Hyperacusis 2019: More severe
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud headphones, more recently Acoustic Shock
      Still dealing with inner ear issues. I've been ignoring the issues as much as I can and it's definitely helped. Been able to get on with my life and enjoy things, however it's still a fairly constant annoyance. At best still constant mild pain, moderately loud noises set of more pain. The more severe pain doesn't seem to last too long now (couple hours or if it was a really irritating sound a couple days) that I do my best to ignore it.

Not really sure if I'm getting better, or that me thinking about it constantly was making it much worse than it was. Still some real physical issues going on though that aren't just in my head. Hoping another few months will lead to some improvement.

I am a little worried about what a REALLY loud sound, like an airbag or gunshot, would do. Hopefully I can avoid situations like that, or if they do come up, the severe pain will still go away after a little time.

2. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      Sounds like me right now. It is definitely more of a nuisance than anything else, but I’m glad you’re starting to see the brighter side of things! That’s all we really can do. I’m not sure if you’re religious but I will be praying for both our recovery :) and for everyone else on the forum as well.

• Friendly Friendly x 1