Hyperacusis Worse in the Winter?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adriel93, Jan 15, 2019.

?

Does your hyperacusis get worse in the winter?

1. Yes

2. Possibly yes

3. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      Does anybody’s hyperacusis get worse in the winter?

2. DaveH

DaveH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb-2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I definitely used to think it was worse in winter, especially when it first started. It seemed that I had longer stretches of comfort on hot humid days. I attributed feeling better to the warmth relaxing the muscles in my ear. I have had some decent stretches of comfort during winter months too though once my ear healed a bit. But I do think the weather has an effect on my ear and partly why it feels better on some days and not so good on others.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      @DaveH I see! How long have you had H for??? Has it gotten any better overall?

4. Jenny_S

Jenny_S Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Hi @Adriel93
      I do think my tinnitus reacts to the atmospheric pressure. Like on days of low pressure etc. However I have very recently ( like four days ago) started experiencing hyperacusis so cannot tell you on the weather effects on this.

5. DaveH

DaveH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb-2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I've had it for almost 3 years. It has improved over this time but very slowly. It used to feel very full all the time and I experienced a lot of pain quite frequently. After playing soft rain sounds all night every night while I sleep (to help acclimate my ear gently to sound again), taking magnesium daily to help relax muscles, not overprotecting, and trying to remain optimistic... it's definitely improved. It is still vulnerable to setbacks with very loud sounds so I do cover it or plug it (only my right ear is affected) when necessary.

How long have you had it and have you noticed a difference in the winter too?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    6. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      We need to find out of other forms of neurotrophic pain get worse in the cold as well.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      @DaveH okay! Atleast it’s improving for you!

Next month will mark a year since I got H... Its hard to tell if I’m getting better though. There’s days and weeks where I don’t feel my H at all, then there’s days where it kicks my ass. I wish I could know what makes me feel better.