Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by joe, Jan 18, 2012.

1. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      PT since 1988. T with H since June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      It's almost 12 hours after my treatment. I noticed a slight increase in my T when making dinner 6 hours after treatment. But now I am wearing noise cancelling headphones, have been listening to the sound enrichment files and the T is still in the background. I would say slightly louder than after treatment but bearable.

In fact come to think of it I may have had this before the sudden onset 3 months ago, I kind of recognise this sound from before and perhaps just mistook it for silence. I can still hear my pulsate T whooshing away but I am so used to it now it's like it's not there.

Let me know if you want me to post this in a dedicated thread. Not sure how many people still looking at this.

2. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      24hours after treatment and I am happy to report the T is still low. I don't have O2 therapy today because the centre is too busy with other patients but tomorrow will be my last scheduled appointment.

I might book 2 more next week to take it up to a full 20 sessions as per the research. I will write up my conclusions then.

• Like Like x 1
    3. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I decided to book another 2 sessions in the HBOT chamber for tomorrow and Tuesday at the deepest 36 feet.

This will be days 18 and 19.

My tinnitus is still low and this weekend there were moments where I couldn't hear it. Sometimes it will suddenly peak up a bit before settling down. It has not gone back to head ringing since early last week, just the whistling sound in the left ear. No headaches and the hyperacusis is still down too. I can go outside and the kitchen isn't too bad. I am still sensitive to sound but not debilitated like I was in the past.

Please like this or comment if you're finding the reports helpful.

• Like Like x 11
      • Genius Genius x 1
    4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Good luck Chris and thanks for keeping up updated.

5. RODRIGO

RODRIGO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      I tried 10 sessions of hyperbaric therapy, and unfortunately had no improvement.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    6. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      I am too

7. markoana

markoana Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I know it is costly, but maybe u should try for 15 at least...

8. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      maybe, just doctors said that 10, no more. because you can harm yourself

• Informative Informative x 1
    9. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Did he say how?

10. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had my last treatment yesterday. I would love to tell you that today I woke up feeling great but sadly I didn't.

The ringing came back on Monday morning then went after that day's oxygen treatment. Then I had my last one yesterday (warning video is loud)...

As you can hear, it's quite loud so if you have H then ear protection is a must.

But this morning I woke up with full blown head ringing again.

Today I am in quite a lot of pain. I have headaches likes before and I have to mask the T with that modal tinnitus music I posted in my other threads.

I will give it more time before reaching conclusion but it looks like for me the O2 therapy only worked for short durations. I hope I am wrong. Maybe it can give clues about the causes.

• Hug Hug x 2
    11. gintas

gintas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015-05
      something about allergy she mentioned

12. physics13
      In pain

physics13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      has anyone had improvement at 40 sessions? I had bad hearing loss and did 20 hours from 1.75-2.2 ATA. I'm not sure it helped the hearing loss but perhaps it did. I still have problems hearing speech and sometimes missing words or hearing sentences as mumbled.
      the thing is during the session I would sometimes hear a high ptiched ringing or humming sound very faint with some head pressure.
      I think the hood breather and the monoplace vent O2 didn't seem that effective. I wish I had gotten the face mask HBOT.
      so you definitely feel more energy and brain activity after the high flow O2 in the face mask HBOT?

13. physics13
      In pain

physics13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      antibiotics
      by the way how can you get insurance coverage for HBOT? is it possible for Medicaid for hearing loss and brain trauma? I'm worried I can't work with the hearing loss and brain damage and aphasia
      the pubmed studies show that this works for hearing loss but I couldn't start it in time. I've lost my poor precious ears and years of work

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    14. Minh Hoang

Minh Hoang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      My T was appear from 3 weeks ago. Exactly is 15/10/2015. And after use medication is indicated by ENT, after 3 days (18/10/2015) my T disappear. But after 4 days (22/10/2015), it comeback with 5s very loud "Zittttttttt" like cricket sound, then T obsessive with "eeeeeeee" sound until evening of 5/11/2015 and disappear in 2 days (6/11 - 7/11) and comeback on 8/11 until now, but T sound was decreased than before and sound now is "hizzz" like TV-CRT.

I decided to put 10 HBOT sessions (15$/session). And tomorrow afternoon is first session. Hope in magic for me and for all you.

15. Minh Hoang

Minh Hoang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      After 2 session, my T lower than last week, i think it's 1 or 2/10 and sound same as TV CRT when power on, but now i feel my right ear can hear it too... So sad.
      I will try more, maybe 10 session. Hope it can be heal...

16. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      please can you tell me why did you choose this kind of treatement ? what is the cause of your T ?

17. Minh Hoang

Minh Hoang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      I dont know my T cause no where. one morning I woke up and I heard it, may be because I have low blood pressure, or sinusitis or stress or i always sleep late. I have been taking some medical in the first 3 days, it disappears, then reappears after 4 days. I try treaterment cause my T appeared 4 week ago and at low lv ( 3 or 4/10) . Hope this time in safe time to heal.

18. July23

July23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/10/2009
      When my T first appear in 2009 I made 26 sessions of HBOT and in Romania, believe me it is very expensive., I mean so deparate I was. I had then no improvement. The HBOT doctor from here, came from Germany with his equipment and he explain me that is very good to make HBOT if you have sudden deafness. I speak again with him, but from my spike from august I didn't decide if I will do some sessions again. Anyone with positive results?

19. PnL67

PnL67 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      it there any beneficial effects on Hyperacusis ?

20. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Just finished my first HBOT session.. Left ear feels full..? Right ear seems fine. Not sure if there's a change yet, I was told that HBOT is cumulative.

21. Minh Hoang

Minh Hoang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      My first HBOT not seem change yet, but after 2 session, my T feel reduce.

22. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decided to skip HBO for now.. I got a tinnitus sound whenever I hear noise in my left ear now, including a hissing and it still feels sort of full.. like cotton stuffed in there. Could it be the prednisone or the HBO? who knows..

23. Minh Hoang

Minh Hoang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      After 5 session, my T almost disappear during daytime and onlyheard when i go to bed.

24. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's good news. The fullness in my left ear and the noise is gone. Right ear has also quieted down a bit. There is still a hiss in both ears a high pitch eeee in the right, but I'd say it's down to 1/10 - 2/10.
      Possibly due to the prednisone? I had an ok sleep. I'm hoping the improvements will continue.

25. Minh Hoang

Minh Hoang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Good for you. Same like me. Still high pitch eee in left ear, sometime i feel it's same TV CRT sound (1-2/10 or less). I'm hoping improvement too.

26. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have you completed more sessions? How's your tinnitus?
      My T has returned full blast,pretty much.. 7-8/10. Gonna see if I can get fit into a session of HBO today.

27. Minh Hoang

Minh Hoang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      My T still at low ( 1/10) in left, sometime i dont hear it anymore, but it's still here... hope someday it will disappear. Try your mind, dont let it stress.

28. Minh Hoang

Minh Hoang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      My clinnic closed in Saturday and Sunday. So i cant take HBOT session. Yesterday is Saturday, my T was low same all day in this week. But this morning (sunday), it's louder in the right ear, left ear still low. I do not understand why my now right ear is having T too, in 4 weeks ago when it appeared, T in left ear only.

29. uae96
      Thinking

uae96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/14/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I had 8 sessions of HBOT for 2 hours consecutively no change in my tinnitus I started 1 week onset of tinnitus

30. Minh Hoang

Minh Hoang Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      I think HBOT not effect with T cause noise or acountics trauma.