I Am 14 and I Am Afraid of Getting Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MarmiteKFC, Jul 21, 2016.

1. MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I been a lurker and I am just really anxious. Seriously, I am crying right now as I type and it's stressing me out. I am not diagnosed yet, but I am just wondering if some tinnitus cases will go away? Because I have dance lessons which is Bhangra and the music is really loud. When I notice that my ears ring and go away, but now it's not. When it's quiet I can hear it and I am just really nervous. I heard that there are some treatments such as vitamins, oxygen, massages and AC-101. It's hard you know, I know it drives you nuts, but for some does it go away. Because I just bought ear plugs for Bhangra for Saturday and I am just afraid that it might make it worse. But the main question is, does some tinnitus go away or is it a myth. Because my mother injected onion juice in my ear and I am just praying if it goes away. I am really depressed, at field hockey I nearly cried because I was thinking so much about it. I am sorry, if I wasted your guys time, but I am just looking for answers. But my main question is, does tinnitus go away if its from loud music? However, when I see these success stories I think that hey, there migh be hope out there. I am just going to ask if we can go to the doctor and I am just going to pray too. I know that I am not religious, but I feel that a prayer will help me.
      Thanks you for reading this.
      ~Jasdeep

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Ketsa
      Amused

Ketsa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Inner Ear Infection
      Heyo

I don't see how earplugs can make it worse especially if its specifically to protect your ears from what could be causing your ringing. Someone else will have to take over when it comes to getting rid of T, mine wasn't completely caused by noise exposure so I can't help much there. I really hope that it subsides with use of ear protection and you can comfortably continue your activities without it directly affecting you. I cried for the first 2 months, I'm not ashamed to admit that because its the hardest thing I've had to deal with so far in my life. I visited an ENT a few weeks after I noticed it, it may not be a bad idea to schedule an appointment sooner if the ringing doesn't go away.

Jeff

3. DudeMannDude
      Spaced

DudeMannDude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Wear those earplugs at your dance lessons or when you are around anything loud. It is not a bad idea to try the vitamins but do not over-do it. Also stay away from headphones and earbuds, those things are awful for your ears!

You are still so young that chances are good it will fade. I started wrecking my hearing when I was twelve and discovered Ipods as well as started playing bass. My ears ring full-time now but I had some of those fancy earplugs made that attenuate frequencies evenly. If your tinnitus persists, I recommend getting those. However, the odds are probably in your favor that it will fade away.

Also, onion juice into your ear? Why? If that works I will give it a go. lol.

4. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Hi MarmiteKFC,

It needs from 6 months to 1 year to consider a Tinnitus case as chronic, if not, you are still in the acute phase, and MOST of tinnitus go away by their own, just GIVE YOUR EARS TIME TO RECOVER. Use earplugs, eat healthy, exersice.

If your Tinnitus stays with you, just have to know that ALOT of people have Tinnitus, and also MOST of them manage it very well. I got Tinnitus around your age, and that did not prevented me from going to college and getting and engineering degree. Just try to relax, and remember. in the first weeks INTERNET could be your worst enemy. Alot of bad stories about Tinnitus, but yours does not have to be like this. In fact, just few people have SEVERE TINNITUS, here in this forums we have a couple of cases, very brave people.

If you only hear your T in a quit room, i tell you that your tinnitus is VERY MILD!... I know that you already have read alot of stories and that made you depressed and you want to cry, but remember, ALOT of people have mild causes of Tinnitus, just ask around you and will be surprised how many people. I had this ring in my hears since around your age, and I never focused on it. It just started to bother me years ago because of other health problems, and because of not taking care of my ears for alot of years of loud music (I'm 33 yo. now). I don't need to be in a quite room to hear my Tinnitus, I can hear it almost over any sound (TV, radio, inside of a running car, INSIDE OF A PLANE)... but you can also manage this level of Tinnitus, today, I live completely normal. T does not bother me. So dont feel sad, AND PLEASE PROTECT YOUR EARS!

Take care,
      Johnny.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I have one last question then, I use headphones as I am a gamer, but I use low volume, should I quit it? Also with acute does it go away over time?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Thanks man, so with acute it goes away over time. Because I am just wondering if headphones do damage too.

7. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Yes, headphones can damage your hearing if used very loud, for now I would advise you to not use them, let your ears rest. Protect your ears when there is too loud, with earplugs.

When you feel better, use your headphone but very low, around 10%.

As a music lover, I know is sad thinking about not hearing your music with your headphone so loud, because its amazing, but, we need to know that, our ears were NEVER designed to tolerate this level of sound for that long.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I guess your right and thanks guys for helping me cheering up. So with accute tinnitus does it go away over time? Like I mean forever. Or is it permanent. Because this is the first time its happening to me.

9. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Find another hobby

Too risky - not worth it

10. OPlax
      Worried

OPlax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/28/98
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born
      @MarmiteKFC

Gamer here. I would let your ears rest for a few days before putting on head phones. Like the rest, I reccomend low volumes.

Also, if you can't use headphones, I would buy speakers and a Blue Yeti mic that way you have no headphones and can still communicate with your team .